Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Daniel "The Real Deal" Geale vs Gennady "GGG" Golovkin Fight Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
    he has the single best win on paper. that's about it, really.
    On paper? he actually beat those guys. Rankings arent who you think will win fantasy fights, otherwise Floyd Mayweather would be the GOAT of boxing seeing as he wins all fantasy fights.

Calling fighters who havent proven anything at all like N'Dam, who lost his only good fight "better" then proven fighters is rather naive

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      He has proved that he is better then Pirog and Quillin, and Golovkin as well, he has beat better fighters

Geale is a top 3 MW, easily
      Then why is his promoter avoiding a fight with Golovkin?

Comment

Golvokin is far more exciting, explosive and dynamic....when he tags guys they get hurt and then stay hurt.

But Geale is very polished, experienced, calm and does not make mistakes. This is a guy who really does know how to get the result. He's perfected the art of giving without receiving. And if you can win fights in somewhere as 'fixed' as Germany like he has then you know what the hell you are doing.

My money is on Geale.....but only just.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
          Then why is his promoter avoiding a fight with Golovkin?
          Just because Geale is avoiding Golovkin doesnt make Golovkin better, even tho i think Golovkin will beat Geale if they fight

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
            No. Better body of work. Adama, Mundine, Sturm, Sylvester.
            i gave you Sturm. on paper, that's the best thing either guy has done.

but deeply mediocre Adama, old-ass Mundine and deeply mediocre paper-titlist Sylvester distinguish Geale so considerably from Golovkin? i don't think that trio amounts to much more than faded Ouma, Proksa (Sylvester conqueror) and blown-up Rosado.

Comment

On paper? he actually beat those guys. Rankings arent who you think will win fantasy fights, otherwise Floyd Mayweather would be the GOAT of boxing seeing as he wins all fantasy fights.

Calling fighters who havent proven anything at all like N'Dam, who lost his only good fight "better" then proven fighters is rather naive
              "on paper" means that Sturm is the best win on either of Geale's or GGG's records, statistically speaking (Sturm was unbeaten in a good while, had held a title for a long time etc.)

the rest of Geale's work does not distinguish him much at all from Golovkin. that is what i was saying. the Sturm win gives him an edge. for now.

how is it naive to state my belief that N'Dam is better or is capable of doing better? i wasn't saying he should be rated higher. it means that i perceive greater ability in him than i perceive in Geale. if N'Dam gets the opportunities, he'll prove he's better.
              Last edited by S. Saddler 1310; 01-30-2013, 03:47 PM.

Comment

i gave you Sturm. on paper, that's the best thing either guy has done.

but deeply mediocre Adama, old-ass Mundine and deeply mediocre paper-titlist Sylvester distinguish Geale so considerably from Golovkin? i don't think that trio amounts to much more than faded Ouma, Proksa (Sylvester conqueror) and blown-up Rosado.
                Lets not get into resumes when discussing who's better because its Geales easily. Proksa, who is my fav fighter, is only around slyvester status. And Rosado and Ouma live up to Adama status.

Comment

"on paper" means that Sturm is the best win on either of Geale's or GGG's records, statistically speaking.

the rest of Geale's work does not distinhuish him much at all from Golovkin. that is what i was saying. the Sturm win gives him an edge. for now.

how is it naive to state my belief that N'Dam is better or is capable of doing better? i wasn't saying he should be rated higher. it means that i perceive greater ability in him than i perceive in Geale. if N'Dam gets the opportunities, he'll prove he's better.
                  Yet he hasnt, so you cant call him better. At this point we have to see who beat the better fighters, unless they fight to prove who better between them

Comment

Lets not get into resumes when discussing who's better because its Geales easily. Proksa, who is my fav fighter, is only around slyvester status. And Rosado and Ouma live up to Adama status.
                    Sturm is the only significant difference, period.

Comment

As much as I was Happy Geale won last night, he can't hold a candle to Golovkin.

Golovkin by torture

Comment

Working...
                      X