Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Holyfield's End Nears: I Don't Have Much Fight Left in Me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Holyfield's End Nears: I Don't Have Much Fight Left in Me

Four-time world heavyweight champion Evander Holyfield (44-10-2, 29KOs) is finally nearing the end of his career. Holyfield, who turns 50 next week, told BBC Sport that he's finally nearing the end of the road. Financial troubles have kept Holyfield fighting for the last few years and the boxing has scheduled an auction to sell off some of his prized possessions. Holfyield turned pro in 1984 and during his long career he became the undisputed heavyweight and cruiserweight champion.

[Click Here To Read More]

Once he gets his child support bill he be fighting again. You can only go bankrupt so many times

Dude is pathetic, I hate people like him who HAD something all of us DREAM we had (ie tons of money), but the old proverb proves true, a fool and his money are quickly parted....No respect for this guy as a human being, deserves everything he got coming in his future.

Comment

Originally posted by Medved View Post
      Once he gets his child support bill he be fighting again. You can only go bankrupt so many times

Dude is pathetic, I hate people like him who HAD something all of us DREAM we had (ie tons of money), but the old proverb proves true, a fool and his money are quickly parted....No respect for this guy as a human being, deserves everything he got coming in his future.
      Please don't quote the Bible and then speak in a completely un-G-dly way.

What's it to you if he blew his money? Lots of people need to learn the hard way in life certain lessons. You're telling me you never had to learn something by doing the wrong thing? Even multiple times?

Comment

I find it so hard to be that judgemental, the guy ****ed up. What can you do or say?? I've ****ed up too, thats the way it goes. Purely as a boxing fan I have to wish him the best and thank him for providing the great fights he did.

Respect is due to a guy with a heart the size of Evander Holyfield.

Comment

Th eRacket Squad: Holy In My Top 25

This sport does not allow many to surrender with dignity.
          At the end of every road we are simply who we are.

Evander Holyfield is one of the greatest prize fighters I have ever seen perform.
          History will identify his craftmanship as brilliant, exciting and profound in three weight classes.

There is little shame in the numbers not adding up as long as you leave with your sanity.

Iron Mike proved that much.

Comment

I think Holyfield has been betting too much on boxing being his bread and butter and hoping that one big payday would come his way. He and Mike Tyson should do a show gig together, get some sponsors, do some events, start coaching etc.

Comment

good Evander...take Roy with you...please...

Comment

Really Evander? C'mon, you still have at least 10 to 15 years more to fight!

Comment

Why are people bumping old threads? Isn't this from 2003 or so when Holyfield got his @ss handed to him by James Toney.

Comment

Originally posted by DamonJJ View Post
                    Please don't quote the Bible and then speak in a completely un-G-dly way.

What's it to you if he blew his money? Lots of people need to learn the hard way in life certain lessons. You're telling me you never had to learn something by doing the wrong thing? Even multiple times?
                    holyfield has like 10 kids by like 8 different women or something ****ing ridiculous like that. Comes down to responsibility, that is part of being an adult. And holyfield is supposed to be some kind of part time preacher, as hypocritical as it is, so a bible verse is fitting.

Comment

Working...
                    X