No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hopkins Backing Khan, Discusses Peterson Brothers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hopkins Backing Khan, Discusses Peterson Brothers

Bernard Hopkins spoke to a group of reporters in Washington, D.C. in advance of the Dec. 10 fight between Amir Khan and Lamont Peterson, which is being put on by his company, Golden Boy Promotions.

[Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    Bernard Hopkins spoke to a group of reporters in Washington, D.C. in advance of the Dec. 10 fight between Amir Khan and Lamont Peterson, which is being put on by his company, Golden Boy Promotions.

B-Hop has GAME, excellent Read!!!

Comment

well hop is on golden boy of course hes going to ride with his homie !!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post

Hopkins doesn't sound to confident in Khan and a shootout is highly unlikely as both men take their time. Amir doesn't have that explosive power of Ortiz or the staimna of Tim Bradley so this should make for an interesting fight. Both guys might hit the deck in this one but I can't see Peterson being stopped.

What Peterson showed in his fights with Bradley, Ortiz and Cayo is that he gets stronger as the fight goes on and he knows how to make adjustments. The question for Khan will be his stamina and his chin if and when he gets caught b/c brotha mans legs was straight noodles after Maidana's pressure and flush right hand landed.

Comment

Originally posted by Devils Advocate View Post
          Hopkins doesn't sound to confident in Khan and a shootout is highly unlikely as both men take their time. Amir doesn't have that explosive power of Ortiz or the staimna of Tim Bradley so this should make for an interesting fight. Both guys might hit the deck in this one but I can't see Peterson being stopped.

What Peterson showed in his fights with Bradley, Ortiz and Cayo is that he gets stronger as the fight goes on and he knows how to make adjustments. The question for Khan will be his stamina and his chin if and when he gets caught b/c brotha mans legs was straight noodles after Maidana's pressure and flush right hand landed.
          Maidana's flush right hands that shouldn't or wouldn't have landed on a truly elite fighter i may add, it was an over the top right hand and it was slow. Maidana was just swinging wild haymakers at that point. Khan should have saw that punch coming from a mile away being that it was over the top of his gloves and Maidana is much shorter than him, but I think that goes to show that Khan stamina is still a bit questionable imo because even though Khan finished strong a solid argument still could be made that Khan had taken too much punishment in the 10th and the fight should of been stopped then..

Comment

Peterson will win this fight.

Amir was just hit with the Hopkins curse.

Peterson via UD.

Comment

Hopkins is obviously gonna go with Khan being he's a GBP fighter.

I gotta agree with Hops though, Khan should win this.

I don't think Peterson will make it easy for Khan though, he's a very solid boxer.

Comment

“I think, like football, like basketball, like hockey, when you go in another man’s hometown, I believe that man gets an extra point before the fight starts. Not officially. It just to me seems more of a custom thing where when you go to a guy’s hometown, you have to recognize that it is what it says — his hometown. You’re literally in this guy’s dining room taking his milk, taking his fan base. Not necessarily the judges. They come from everywhere. Maybe one or two live next door.
                I love that comment.

Here is the video:

Comment

Of course Hopkins is going to support Khan!!! - GBP's money is on Khan - DUH!!! if Peterson does not KO Khan, he can forget about any chances of winning this one. Khan is already the winner unless he gets KO'd and GBP's plan to match him up against Floyd (Khan would be an easier opponent than Pacman) is derailed. Khan is nothing but hype so far. These so called "Promoters" bank on hype and not on true tested fighters.

Comment

Working...
                  X