No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Redemption In Store For Saturday’s Light Heavy Four

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Redemption In Store For Saturday’s Light Heavy Four

By Jake Donovan - They represent – according to Boxingscene.com’s latest rankings – four of the six best light heavyweights on the planet.

At stake in the main event on Saturday will be a World light heavyweight championship rematch between defending lineal champ Jean Pascal and golden oldie Bernard Hopkins.

Whoever comes out on top will most likely be paired up with the winner of the evening’s co-feature between Chad Dawson and Adrian Diaconu.

Even if there wasn’t a lineal championship at stake, there’s no question that the last man standing in such a four-man grouping would be looked upon as the light heavyweight king.

So why is it that all four combatants enter this weekend in need of redemption?

For Pascal (26-1-1, 16KO), the jury is still out on whether or not he’s truly the best light heavyweight in the world. Such honors were bestowed upon him following his career-best performance against Chad Dawson last August, lifting the vacant lineal crown in the process.

Then came his first title defense – and a slew of question marks to follow.

Granted, he is 3-0-1 against the other three combatants on this weekend’s show, which airs live on HBO from the Bell Centre in Montreal. The venue is where he first collected alphabet hardware, scoring a decision win over Diaconu in June 2009 and then repeating the feat six months later.

It’s also where he turned heads with his decisive points win over Dawson, whose night ended with a cut over his left eye that resulted in the fight being stopped a round or so early. [Click Here To Read More]

Hopkins is an Ex Convict and a Buffoon!

I thought writers were supposed to be factual and logical. Jake Donovan, I would really appreciate a counter response to what I am about to write. How can you say that Hopkins reign at Middle Weight was the most successful one? Before Tito and Oscar fought him, Hopkins was a virtual unknown, toiling around as a club fighter.
    U can NOT name a single hall of fame fighter prior to Tito, not a single one, because there are NONE. Tito was a small guy who went up in weight and came up short and so was Oscar yet the idiot still lives in those two glories and you butter his record so much based on those two fights.

Even after beating Tito in 2001, he still continued to fight bums for three years until Oscar gave him his biggest payday and henceforth his biggest scalp. So Jake, please be serious and do some justice here as a writer. Hopkins is a joke. Calzaghe defended his Super Middle Weight title longer than Hopkins and unified all belts against real Super Middle Weights and yet he gets little credit.

After Oscar, Hopkins fought Tarver (a guy who came to prominence after his shocking KO of Roy and did virtually nothing after that), there was Pavlik, who is a great white hope that was waiting to be exposed and Hopkins capitalized on that and there was Winky Wright, yet another small guy going up to fight Hopkins.

Hopkins is a joke and if you take out Oscar and Tito, he is a virtual joke. Now let me give you a FACT. Hopkins was in prison for 5 years for armed robbery. He has admitted several times that he was a bully. Do your research (they are at your disposal as a writer), Philly's jails were and are so notorious for men raping each other and I can promise you that Hopkins did rape other men in prison. This statement is based on factual statistics about prisons in Philly and also violent criminals that Hopkins was.

So before you come here and proudly lavish praise on an ex con rapist (of men), you need to get your FACTS and LOGIC straight Jake Donovan and all the other nut huggers!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mzembe View Post
      I thought writers were supposed to be factual and logical. Jake Donovan, I would really appreciate a counter response to what I am about to write. How can you say that Hopkins reign at Middle Weight was the most successful one? Before Tito and Oscar fought him, Hopkins was a virtual unknown, toiling around as a club fighter.
      U can NOT name a single hall of fame fighter prior to Tito, not a single one, because there are NONE. Tito was a small guy who went up in weight and came up short and so was Oscar yet the idiot still lives in those two glories and you butter his record so much based on those two fights.

Even after beating Tito in 2001, he still continued to fight bums for three years until Oscar gave him his biggest payday and henceforth his biggest scalp. So Jake, please be serious and do some justice here as a writer. Hopkins is a joke. Calzaghe defended his Super Middle Weight title longer than Hopkins and unified all belts against real Super Middle Weights and yet he gets little credit.

After Oscar, Hopkins fought Tarver (a guy who came to prominence after his shocking KO of Roy and did virtually nothing after that), there was Pavlik, who is a great white hope that was waiting to be exposed and Hopkins capitalized on that and there was Winky Wright, yet another small guy going up to fight Hopkins.

Hopkins is a joke and if you take out Oscar and Tito, he is a virtual joke. Now let me give you a FACT. Hopkins was in prison for 5 years for armed robbery. He has admitted several times that he was a bully. Do your research (they are at your disposal as a writer), Philly's jails were and are so notorious for men raping each other and I can promise you that Hopkins did rape other men in prison. This statement is based on factual statistics about prisons in Philly and also violent criminals that Hopkins was.

So before you come here and proudly lavish praise on an ex con rapist (of men), you need to get your FACTS and LOGIC straight Jake Donovan and all the other nut huggers!!
      LOL. this is a good laugh right here. Hopkins dominated the Middleweight division whether you like it or not. He maybe not have beaten any a level fighters in the 90's but fights like Echols, Allen, Lipsy, Johnson where fighters great prospects that were thought to become champions in there careers. Allen Lipsy and Echols had more then one chance and still got dominated. Hopkins dominated every mandatory opponent he faced in the 90's and early 2000's. :wank:

Comment

Working...
      X