No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Abner Mares Will Not Return To Action Until 2014

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Abner Mares Will Not Return To Action Until 2014

As it stands right now, former three division world champion Abner Mares (26-1-1, 14KOs) will not return to action until 2014, according to manager Frank Espinoza. After having so many tough fights for the last three years, Mares want to take a few months off to spend time with his family.

Last Saturday night at the StubHub Center in Carson, California - Mares was stopped in the first round by the always dangerous Jhonny Gonzalez.

There is a rematch clause, which Mares cane exercise at a later date. Golden Boy Promotions, who promote Mares, have three controlling options on Gonzalez. More than likely Gonzalez will take an interim-fight before the end of the year. [Click Here To Read More]

good,he deserves a long vacation,after three years of fighting tough fighters he needs a break,i hope he goes down to 122,i said before the fight he's just too small to be fighting at featherweight,i said I wouldn't be surprised if gonzalez knocked him down,jhonny looked big in there,mares is just too small for that weight,if they fight again I think gonzalez ko's him again,would rather see jhonny face Russell next or donaire

Comment

another one bites the dust

Comment

Good. Come back and with the right mind set.

Comment

No big surprise here. Who really thought he would return before the years end.

Comment

Nothing wrong with taking a little break. He earned it.

Comment

I agree with 'lopez36', Mares has been the smaller man in his last couple of fights. PDL was giving him a hard way to go before he KO'd him.

Comment

I wouldn't either after being KO'd in 1 rd

Comment

It's almost september, of course he's not fighting till next year. duhhh

Comment

Well, I guess we were all wrong saying that Mares was looking huge and moving up to super feather soon lol.

Comment

Working...
                    X