No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao Ready To Add To Macau's Growing History

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Pacquiao Ready To Add To Macau's Growing History

By Jake Donovan - A watershed moment for the largest nation in the world came on November 24, 2012. Xiong Zhao Zhong became the first ever male boxer from China to win a major title, claiming a vacant strawweight belt in his hometown of Kumming.

It was an important moment in the sport of boxing, but not one that draws immediate recollection if you ask the average boxing fan.

Exactly one year to the date of that historic occasion, Macau will play host to an event that already has the world abuzz.

It matters little that Manny Pacquiao no longer claims championship status in any particular weight class. Nor does it matter that his last win will have come more than two years prior once fight night arrives, as he enters this fight riding a two-fight losing streak.

All that matters is that the sport’s largest global star is returning to the ring. The former eight-division champ takes on Brandon Rios in a 12-round welterweight fight, in what will serve as his first global event to not take place in the United States. [Click Here To Read More]

Way to go PACMAN!

Comment

"the sports largest global star" = Manny Pacquiao !

I would say the pressure is on

BUT

I would also say Be anxious for NOTHING, just go take care of business, be strong as always just don't get careless

My continued visual is that left BOMB landing on the chin of Rios and Rios having his famous grin on as he falls to the canvas

OUT !!!!!!

Comment

hahah largest global star. hahahaha.

Comment

Getting more excited about this fight, sucks that it is still over three months away! Bound to be a rock 'em, sock 'em war.

Comment

Macau, Macau, Macau...**** Macau.

Comment

Originally posted by Arakawa Dunn View Post
              hahah largest global star. hahahaha.
              come on dunn you read it , you like to tell us how the media feels about pacs wins over jmm , well here is one that is telling us

PAC is the LARGEST GLOBAL STAR !!!!!

what does that make jr ?

a star,,,,,,,,,,,,,,fish

Comment

I hope Macau would be a second las vegas for boxing, and more big fights are made there, more money for boxing and for someone like me, who lives a lot closer to china the america, maybe I could watch and be in one of those big fights ....

Comment

Originally posted by JOM'S View Post
                  I hope Macau would be a second las vegas for boxing, and more big fights are made there, more money for boxing and for someone like me, who lives a lot closer to china the america, maybe I could watch and be in one of those big fights ....
                  Money talks man, and Macau just might be a goldmine

Comment

Working...
                  X