No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach: Miguel Cotto Fought The Wrong Kind of Fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
    Except when cotto stunned trout pretty good in the fourth?
    I didn't see that. At no point did I feel Cotto's power bothered Trout, however it was obvious to me Trout's punches were wearing Cotto down.

And while cotto could get to trout at times, overall getting to him was a problem.
    What were the compubox numbers?

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
      this is whats wrong with boxing and why cotto is a dying breed cotto is not afraid to fight anyone the cards were closer that lopsided crap was bull cotto could have won by 1 or two points same for trout the fight was closer and sloppy but cotto has done enough he can have 1 more fight and call it a career
      Man just STFU already. I was at the fight, and I assume you were as well. When Cotto lost, I was looking around to see if I saw a body(yours) on the ground with a self inflicted gunshot wound to the head.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
        I didn't see that. At no point did I feel Cotto's power bothered Trout, however it was obvious to me Trout's punches were wearing Cotto down.

As far as trout being stunned, in the fourt round cotto landed a 1-2 that sent trout back against the ropes, malignaggi correctly commented that cotto stepped on his foot. Immediately after some seconds later, cotto landed another 1-2 and trouts leg did a little jingle, and malignaggi commented that he probably felt that one tho. He definitely got stunned on it.

Cotto wasnt able to land much of anything significantly hard, but with that said he did take what cotto was able to land well.

As far as the numbers, im not exactly sure, all i remmeber about the numbers, and what and mostly what i saw in the fight, cotto wasnt effective with his jab, often going long stretches and not even throwing it. Huge mistake imo. As far as range, cotto was reaching and missing with his hook pretty much all night. Trout did a good job at dictating the pace by using his reach, credit to him. And when cotto was able to get inside, trout showed a good inside game aswell.

Trouts a good fighter, surprised me, and it was a bad stylistic matchup for cotto. I didnt think trouts jab would be as effective as it was, and was really surprised with trouts hook, i didnt see that one coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
          There you have it folks, Roach believes in cherry picking. Wonder if this way of thinking applies to his fighters as well.
          Of course. They're pretty straightforward with that, they like fighters who come forward. Why do you think Pacquiao vs Rios is pretty much done for April.

Comment

Edit: at 1:23 of the fourth round, cotto lands a 1-2 that seemingly stuns trout, his legs do the goofy dance.

Comment

Originally posted by -KING- View Post
              yeah hes still here and still supporting aint nobody gonna run away just cause cotto lost
              Yea you must of forgotten every time Cotto loses they split like roaches when the light is turned on.

Comment

Cotto hit Trout loads, getting to him wasn't a problem - hurting him was, Trout did not feel Cotto's punches.
                Because nothing landed clean , trout took the power of everything , thats what good boxers do , Cotto couldnt deal with the speed and size , look at their heads after the fight and tell me who was getting hit and who wasnt .

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                  Because nothing landed clean , trout took the power of everything , thats what good boxers do , Cotto couldnt deal with the speed and size , look at their heads after the fight and tell me who was getting hit and who wasnt .
                  That doesn't prove anything. Pacquiao ripped through Clottey and his face looked more damaged.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
                    That doesn't prove anything. Pacquiao ripped through Clottey and his face looked more damaged.
                    Watch the fight look at the heads in their fight , dont matter about others , why do you kids always bring some other **** thats not relevant to the fact in question , the fight shows you Trout hitting all night , the head shows the result .

And Pac didnt rip through Clottey lol , that was a spar and Pac done nothing , actually looked like if Clottey wasnt paid to hold back he would have beat Pac , good ol Bob to the rescue , Clottey even mentions it in an interview , he is now on long service leave courtesy of uncle Bob .

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                      Watch the fight look at the heads in their fight , dont matter about others , why do you kids always bring some other **** thats not relevant to the fact in question , the fight shows you Trout hitting all night , the head shows the result .

And Pac didnt rip through Clottey lol , that was a spar and Pac done nothing , actually looked like if Clottey wasnt paid to hold back he would have beat Pac , good ol Bob to the rescue , Clottey even mentions it in an interview , he is now on long service leave courtesy of uncle Bob .
                      So to you Pacquiao beat Marquez in the 3rd fight, gotcha.

And thanks for the "Clottey would beat Pac" that literally made me laugh out loud.

Comment

Working...
                      X