Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's the better jr middleweight, Pacman or Trout??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Triangle theories

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingScenery View Post
      I get the feeling we'll just agree to disagree and that's usually the case, but before I go - I get the feeling you're dead set on it being a one sided puzzle that you're not factoring in all the angles. Maybe, just maybe it isn't so much about Trout's ability or Pac's at 154 as it is about Cotto. I recall many people thinking Pacquiao's assumed greater size and experience and Marquez's age will allow him to finally beat Marquez in their 3rd bout...I was a realist back then, and not much has changed. I just don't think it'll be as easy as you might want to believe just because Pacquiao has slowed down and Cotto is a lot bigger this time. A fl*mo (ironically) once told me that fighters don't get better with losses - although I still partly disagree with this logic, I do realize and willingly accept that Pacquiao did it once, exploited Cotto's mistakes and I can't not believe he won't do it again, just because the world is telling me Cotto is a renewed fighter. Boxing is a beautiful sport in its unpredictability, and this hypothetical bout is a drastic change (of 9 pounds) for a fighter who's been a career featherweight...again, I'm being realistic, I'm rather undecided about this fight, but I'm nowhere near counting Pacquiao out of repeating something he's already done.
      Fair enough & a fabulous post. But i'll leave you with something to ponder. B-Hop lost his 1st fight. Then went on to become undisputed at 160 with 20 title defenses including a big W over the favored Tito.

Then lost 2 more times to Taylor & went on to dismantle the favored Tarver & Pavlik & the oldest champ in history following a loss to Jc (in a close fight).

Also Martinez was once destroyed by Margarito & look where he is today.
      Fighters have risen after losses to do greater thing than before losing.

Anyhow be easy bro, it's been a pleasure!!

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
        Triangle theories
        Glad you came along to break the whitewash!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
          I mean seriously. I'm not understanding most fans line of thinking anymore. I mean as of right now I don't see how anyone can think that Pacman is a better 154lber than Trout.

But the majority of fans say that Pacman can beat Cotto at 154, but Trout can't. I'm lost somewhere in there. Pacman is getting older, his stamina is leaving, hell even his power has evaporated. He won't fight Cotto without a catchweight.

But still people believe he would have beaten Cotto at 154, but yet somehow believe that Trout cannot. Even though Trout is bigger, fast, strong & young. I just don't see how people are still drinking that Pacman koolaid like that. Pacman couldn't even beat a fat, bloated Marquez or ko a Bradley that Kendall Holt put down healthy. Weird to me.
          Count me as one of the majority of fans that say Pacquiao can beat Cotto at any weight. I think Trout beats Cotto even better than Pacquiao does. I think Trout is one hell of a fighter. He is only 26 years old. He has been at 153 or more for every fight since he turned pro at age 19. He has competed at 160 as well. He is a big Jr. middleweight who will go anywhere and fight anybody. He won all his fights and none of them were even close. I am a big Trout fan and he is in my state of New Mexico that does not get to many top fighters. If he beats Cotto I wonder if Floyd will fight him. Pacquiao is 33 years old and I'd guess his best fighting weight is 135 or 140 even now. So I voted that Trout would beat Pacquiao at 154.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            Count me as one of the majority of fans that say Pacquiao can beat Cotto at any weight. I think Trout beats Cotto even better than Pacquiao does. I think Trout is one hell of a fighter. He is only 26 years old. He has been at 153 or more for every fight since he turned pro at age 19. He has competed at 160 as well. He is a big Jr. middleweight who will go anywhere and fight anybody. He won all his fights and none of them were even close. I am a big Trout fan and he is in my state of New Mexico that does not get to many top fighters. If he beats Cotto I wonder if Floyd will fight him. Pacquiao is 33 years old and I'd guess his best fighting weight is 135 or 140 even now. So I voted that Trout would beat Pacquiao at 154.
            Well said!! I also am a big fan of Trout & am happy he got this chance. People are gonna see just how good he is as he bosses up on Cotto!!

Comment

Well, there you have it. This guy's obsession with Pacquiao has made him officially ******ed and no doubt he has lost it.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Pacquiao who beat Margarito at 150, which was the closest he's been to 154, whoops Trout.

But apparently you're going by the current Pacquiao who doesn't even fight at 154.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                  I mean seriously. I'm not understanding most fans line of thinking anymore. I mean as of right now I don't see how anyone can think that Pacman is a better 154lber than Trout.

But the majority of fans say that Pacman can beat Cotto at 154, but Trout can't. I'm lost somewhere in there. Pacman is getting older, his stamina is leaving, hell even his power has evaporated. He won't fight Cotto without a catchweight.

But still people believe he would have beaten Cotto at 154, but yet somehow believe that Trout cannot. Even though Trout is bigger, fast, strong & young. I just don't see how people are still drinking that Pacman koolaid like that. Pacman couldn't even beat a fat, bloated Marquez or ko a Bradley that Kendall Holt put down healthy. Weird to me.
                  I think all the blood tests he's taking have weakened him. That or just the preparation of actually having to submit to testing might be the result of losing his power. Who knows really. They say the last thing to go is your power unless your cheating i.e. Margarito.

Comment

Irrelevent thread u dummy..when did pac ever fight over 150

Comment

Originally posted by StayCool View Post
                      Irrelevent thread u dummy..when did pac ever fight over 150
                      If you actually read the tread before you posted your useless gibberish, you'd see where I was going with it.........................

Comment

Working...
                      X