Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Rigondeaux defeats Donaire out in impressive fashion...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Rigondeaux defeats Donaire out in impressive fashion...

Where does he shoot up to on the P4P list? Last time I checked, and this was several months ago mind you, but on a few of the extensive pound for pound lists out there on the net he was somewhere in the 35-40 range pound for pound.

I'm not just talking about him winning a close one via split decision or something, but hypothetically if he dominates the fight or wins in spectacular fashion. In your mind would he be then a top 20 pound for pound guy? Or even higher?

if you beat a top 10 guy, you normally get in the back half
    if he were to dominate or stop Nonito, he might be 6-10

Comment

Probably around 7-8.

Comment

Damn I didn't know he was that high up there. If he does KO the Flash I would say in the top 15 through 10.

Comment

If Broner gets No.6 for beating DeMarco, Rigo should get No.1 for beating Donaire.

Personally I reckon he'd have to be in the top 10 for a win of that calibre. Depends how he does it of course but he'd leapfrog a lot of guys on my list.

Comment

Seems like quite a leap to go from 40ish to top ten, although knocking off a consensus top 5 P4P guy would be a heck of a statement.
            Last edited by Mike D; 02-15-2013, 07:19 PM.

Comment

#1 clearly. Beating Demarco get you to #5 do beating someone who is 57X as good should get #1 as well as ATG status

Comment

I think beating Donaire at this point would provide a tremendous boost for Rigo. Beating a top 10 P4P in convincing fashion should shoot that fighter into the top 10 imho, but Rigo's resume is still in its beginning stages. If he stops Donaire, I think Ring would put him in their top 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                  Seems like quite a leap to go from 40ish to top ten, although knocking off a consensus top 5 P4P guy would be quite a statement.
                  I see Rigo as Top 25, maybe top 20 myself. He's exceptionally skillful, I think this is just the stage he needs to prove whether he's truly elite or not. Beating Donaire impressively would make him top 10 for me.

Comment

I've no doubt he will easily handle donaire and that means he'll be top 5 for me p4p and if its other way round donaire is top 3

Comment

Working...
                    X