No announcement yet.

Pazienza dropped Whitaker

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pazienza dropped Whitaker

So I was talking to Vinny the other day on facebook and asked him if he had sparred with Whitaker earlier in his career since they were both around the same weight and fought for the Lou Duva. He said as pro's they never sparred together. But as Amateurs they had sparred together a few times at the Olympic training center in Colorado springs. Said he dropped him with a body shot on one occasion but (his words) "mofo was hard to hit".

Now I have no doubt Paz always loses to Whitaker, but if he fought Pea instead of rematching Haugen, would he have made it more interesting than Haugen-Whitaker?

I think its more interesting if its Camacho-Whitaker, Pazienza is almost similar to Greg Haugen, no difference through.

Comment

Originally posted by Emon723 View Post
      I think its more interesting if its Camacho-Whitaker, Pazienza is almost similar to Greg Haugen, no difference through.
      I Think Paz is more similar to Camacho than Haugen.

Comment

Pazienza was a lot flashier and more energetic than Haugen. If he fought Whitaker he'd either run into more shots or create more opportunities to land than did Haugen.

As for dropping Whitaker.....no big deal- Whitaker hit the floor in his career on a few occasions. Not the hardest thing to accomplish.

Comment

Sure, and too many cappuccinos before the fight is why he lost to Roy Jones!

Comment

yes. Pazienza had a more unpredictable style, and fought more rough than Haugen.

I expect this fight to be similiar to Whitaker-Jorge Paez.

Comment

Pazienza was alot more entertaining but a pro bout with Sweet Pea would have still been like Whitaker-Haugan on the scorecards.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                "mofo was hard to hit"

Comment

Working...
                X