No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Coming To The Big Dance: Mikey Garcia - Part II

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Coming To The Big Dance: Mikey Garcia - Part II

by Cliff Rold - It’s a story as old as the frayed yellow pages of a vintage Police Gazette.

A fighter turns professional and wins enough to get noticed as a comer. From there, they build their skill set and their buzz, creeping towards the dream of a title opportunity. The big day arrives and the contender has a chance to be a champion.

For some fighters, becoming the champion is the thing. Following a defeat to Tony Tucker for a Heavyweight belt in 1987, Buster Douglas won six in a row to earn a shot at Mike Tyson. History well records what happened next.

It also records what happened immediately following. Douglas was up, for that night, to winning the crown. Doing something with it was a whole other matter.

On the other end of the spectrum, there are the men who win titles and take them for a ride. Joe Louis remains the enduring championship standard with over a decade as Heavyweight king and a still-record 25 consecutive defenses. Bernard Hopkins, Carlos Monzon, Bob Foster, Henry Armstrong, and Ricardo Lopez are among the men who held titles for double-digit reigns in their various divisions, defining what truly great champions can be. [Click Here To Read More]

If the Big Dance is so kind of get together for people with horrible mustaches then Mikey Garcia will be running ****.

Comment

Too long, did read

Comment

There were times where Orlando was tagging Mikey and Mikey looked kinda weird. I think Siri has average power. If there is one thing JuanMa has is power, and I believe he'll land.

I'm not so sure Mikey beats JuanMa, and granted I can't stand JuanMa, after his disgraceful ducking of Caba back when Caba was a someone, I still can't get over that. JuanMa was talking reckless and then got his ass beat deservedly so.

Even then, I think JuanMa pulls it out and I also think Arum secretly wishes JuanMa wins, since I think JuanMa has more promotional upside

Comment

Fitzbitz picked Juanma to win. I don't think so. In his fights with Salido Juanma had his head straight up and Salido was able to land those over hand bombs. I haven't seen Juanma fight since Salido. Has he learned to box or something?

The guy fights with his chin in the air. Garcia is wayyy too skilled. Garcia by KO, somewhere in the mid rounds. Juanma is going to get tagged with the hook all night.

Comment

Garcia is gonna outbox Juanma quite easily I think, but when it comes to heart in the late rounds I see Juanma having the edge, Mikey kind of quit the last time and it was not sexy!

Comment

Originally posted by Boskop View Post
              Garcia is gonna outbox Juanma quite easily I think, but when it comes to heart in the late rounds I see Juanma having the edge, Mikey kind of quit the last time and it was not sexy!
              Funny, so many seem to forget he quit despite being up on the score cards and still dub him an unyielding warrior. However, if Garcia just so happened NOT to be Mexican he would have been just another unworthy QUITTER!!!

Comment

Working...
              X