Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Donaire won't fight Rigo cause Rigo isn't a draw - here are Donaire's numbers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Donaire won't fight Rigo cause Rigo isn't a draw - here are Donaire's numbers

According to the CSAC, the July 7th card at the Home Depot Center in Carson, California that featured Nonito Donaire against Jeffrey Mathebula (in a 122-pound title unification bout) sold 2,667 tickets, adding up to $149,246 in gate revenue

I'm sure Rigo can do similar numbers in Miami.

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
    Rigo can do better numbers in Vegas.

Comment

how are you sure rigo can do similar numbers in miami? where are you basing this on..rigo has'nt beaten anyone of note

Comment

I think he did better in New York in the MSG theater. It had around a 300k gate with a 4-5k attendance.

Originally posted by MalikKnucklez View Post
        hah!

"Official numbers from the NSAC: 375 tickets sold for a total of $14,525. Those are for this past Friday’s nights card at the Palms in Las Vegas for the WBA jr. featherweight title tilt between Guillermo Rigondeaux and Rico Ramos.

Scary thing, some in the business think those numbers are inflated. Ouch."

http://www.doghouseboxing.com/DHB/Kim0126b12.htm

Comment

Originally posted by danceswithfire View Post
          how are you sure rigo can do similar numbers in miami? where are you basing this on..rigo has'nt beaten anyone of note
          Rigo makes up for quality of opposition with quantity of opposition he has over 300 amatuer victories I think, i don't know the exact record. He's been boxing for almost 2 and a half decades now and that's all he does. When you live in a communist country, you do whatever it is you do 24/7. Your profession is your life.

And the TS makes a good point. Donaire isn't that much of a draw himself, but this fight would make them even bigger draws than they already are. It would settle who the best is. And the people pay to watch the best.

Donaire is losing fans because it looks like he's ducking rigo. That's bad business sense already.
          Last edited by DARKSEID; 07-22-2012, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
              According to the CSAC, the July 7th card at the Home Depot Center in Carson, California that featured Nonito Donaire against Jeffrey Mathebula (in a 122-pound title unification bout) sold 2,667 tickets, adding up to $149,246 in gate revenue

Haha and Arum wants him to be headlining his own PPV after the Arce fight? Unless he meant one of those ****ty ass Top Rank PPVs.
              I can see that. He's been in 2 PPVs and 1 was in Vegas and going on his third. Even tho his first pissed off a lot of people watching but that was in Texas.
              Cause of the Cuban population? It doesn't take him beating someone of note for his OWN people to go watch him.

Comment

So go'head and tell us that mathebula-donaire would generate a bigger gate than rigo-donaire lol

Matter fact, gohead n look at nonitos headline numbers period n tell me that "casual boxing" fans follow the superbantamweight division in boxing lol

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                  I think he did better in New York in the MSG theater. It had around a 300k gate with a 4-5k attendance.

hah!

"Official numbers from the NSAC: 375 tickets sold for a total of $14,525. Those are for this past Friday’s nights card at the Palms in Las Vegas for the WBA jr. featherweight title tilt between Guillermo Rigondeaux and Rico Ramos.

Scary thing, some in the business think those numbers are inflated. Ouch."

http://www.doghouseboxing.com/DHB/Kim0126b12.htm
                  Bet you those numbers will go up after that fight tho. And he was most likely being sarcastic.

Also, Im not gonna use it as an excuse cause Donaire SHOULD be getting higher numbers anyway but the Donaire card was WAY better than the Ramos-Rigo card.
                  Last edited by .:: JSFD26 ::.; 07-22-2012, 08:31 PM.

Comment

So go'head and tell us that mathebula-donaire would generate a bigger gate than rigo-donaire lol

Matter fact, gohead n look at nonitos headline numbers period n tell me that "casual boxing" fans follow the superbantamweight division in boxing lol
                    Great post once again, keep pouring that knowledge.

Comment

Working...
                    X