No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: HBO Was Being Played By Schaefer and Haymon

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum: HBO Was Being Played By Schaefer and Haymon

Bob Arum wasn’t surprised Monday to learn that HBO Sports executives had decided to stop doing business with Golden Boy Promotions.

“It seemed to me that they were being played by [Richard] Schaefer and [Al] Haymon,” Arum said, “and they put a stop to it.”

Arum’s Top Rank Inc. is the promotional company that stands to benefit the most from the disintegration of what was once a strong strategic partnership between HBO Sports and Golden Boy Promotions, Top Rank’s rival.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Was wondering when this old coot was gonna come put and prey on this report.

Comment

Hahaha. Shots fired at Devon and Berto.

Comment

I can imagine Arum rubbing his palms together and salivating about the ways he is going to get over on HBO now~

I wish HBO good luck on dealing with Arum under these circumstances.

Comment

Hbo >>>> showtime

Comment

Arum knows all about playing a network. *Cough* Versus *Cough*

Comment

"Our contract with Manny Pacquiao is clear," said Arum. "We have a contract until the end of 2014, and it provides clearly that his decisions are ours and ours alone. Manny Pacquiao will fight on HBO and HBO Pay Per View from now until as long as our contract is in effect."

http://******.craveonline.com/blog/1...hxeqeM.twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                Was wondering when this old coot was gonna come put and prey on this report.
                He is right though(and he should know).

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                  I can imagine Arum rubbing his palms together and salivating about the ways he is going to get over on HBO now~

I wish HBO good luck on dealing with Arum under these circumstances.
                  Its the different side of the same coin...you could easily say the same about showtime and you would still be right.

Comment

So let me get this straight- Arum says GBP played HBO. But we are suppose to forget that he did the same thing when he sent Manny to Showtime for a 1 fight deal, which resulted in HBO firing people. The funny thing is- the guy that the main man at Showtime when this Manny fight took place is now over HBO Sports... Yeah, Ok Bob... lol

Comment

Working...
                    X