Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder Tells Klitschkos To Stick Around: I'm The Answer!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Wilder Tells Klitschkos To Stick Around: I'm The Answer!

By Luis Sandoval - Heavyweight contender Deontay Wilder kept his impressive streak of knockouts going as he disposed of his opponent Kertson Manswell in the very first round of their televised Fox Sports main event Saturday night in Mobile, AL.

It was a short night for the 2008 Olympics Bronze medalist who put on a dominant performance in front of a supportive crowd in his home state.

Things started slow as Wilder began to work behind his jab and keeping his shorter opponent on the outside. Manswell, who was a late replacement for Wilder’s original opponent Kelvin Price, decided to try and mount an attack as he made an attempt to get on the inside. It proved to be disastrous.

Wilder landed a big left hook and followed it up with a right hand that send Manswell crashing to the canvas. The power that secured Wilder 23 knockouts in 23 fights showed up quickly and had Manswell in serious trouble.

Manswell would beat the count only to find himself off his feet again as Wilder landed a glancing left hook that sent Manswell flying across the ring and onto the mat. The 2nd knockdown was a result of shaky legs as much as it was from a punch that didn’t land as cleanly for Wilder. [Click Here To Read More]

He's a bad mofo when he's beating up on what basically amounts to children.

He needs to fight somebody soon.

Comment

I like Wilder but stop it man.

Comment

Yeaaaaaaa iiiiight

Comment

Wilder is starting to look like a real pro fighter, he still has a long way to go though.

Comment

glad I didn't stay up & watch this pathetic bout vs a nothing opponent...look @ this opponents last 5 bouts & this qualifies for tv???Wilder has a long way 2 go in a weak division...

Comment

funny joke

Comment

23 fights and not a single live opponent. Dear oh dear.

Comment

he looks good against nobodys but its time for him to fight someone half decent lets see him against, price/fury/helenius/areolia/chisora/adamek/mitchell

Comment

His whole career has been a joke so far for a bronze Olympic medallist. Progression has virtually been non-existent and he's fought 24 times against poor competition, which in the end only damages his potential.

I'd like to see him step it up and fight a good heavyweight but there must be a reason for them wasting Wilder's fights against such poor competition.

Comment

Working...
                    X