Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: John Molina: Brandon Rios Knows That He Can't Beat Me!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: John Molina: Brandon Rios Knows That He Can't Beat Me!

Last year lightweight contender John Molina Jr. was in the running to face WBA lightweight champion Brandon Rios on the Miguel Cotto-Antonio Margarito undercard. Rios, who is regarded as the best lightweight in the world, ended up fighting John Murray in an exciting fight that he won via knockout.

[Click Here To Read More]

I agree with Molina. This dude is a true Mexican/American warrior.

Comment

Should be a good fight if they make it. Both guys are high-action fighters but I would still take Rios to win. He is the better fighter. With a fight like this though, You never know, Molina has more than enough power to turn a fight at any given moment, as he showed against Lundy, so it would mostly be a question of whether or not he can stay out of trouble and give himself time to find openings on Rios.

Comment

This would be a missmatch. Molina takes too many flush punches and doesn't have the assortment of punches and power that Rios packs in every shot. Useless fight for Rios. He is looking for superfights and is already on the superfight level, Molina needs to climb the ladder first.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
          This would be a missmatch. Molina takes too many flush punches and doesn't have the assortment of punches and power that Rios packs in every shot. Useless fight for Rios. He is looking for superfights and is already on the superfight level, Molina needs to climb the ladder first.
          okay I have been quiet so the process could happen but he was told that they were going to try for Gamboa but Gamboa advised TR that he did not want to fight Brandon March 3rd that it would be later in the year

They tried Kevin Mitchell but he is not allowed to travel

so it came down to Molina and some other guys

it will be at 137 for no belt

Comment

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
            okay I have been quiet so the process could happen but he was told that they were going to try for Gamboa but Gamboa advised TR that he did not want to fight Brandon March 3rd that it would be later in the year

They tried Kevin Mitchell but he is not allowed to travel

so it came down to Molina and some other guys

it will be at 137 for no belt
            oh wow. so do you think rios will get gamboa later in the year then? i mean if he's trying to fight at 137 that's got to mean something.
            as for molina saying this stuff, i'm a fan of his, but rios beats him. molina has no defense, until he works on that i don't see him beating rios. it would be a high action packed fight if it was made right now though.

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
              oh wow. so do you think rios will get gamboa later in the year then? i mean if he's trying to fight at 137 that's got to mean something.
              as for molina saying this stuff, i'm a fan of his, but rios beats him. molina has no defense, until he works on that i don't see him beating rios. it would be a high action packed fight if it was made right now though.
              well the whole reason 135 was being talked about again was for Gamboa and Gamboa only so when it became apparent Gamboa was no longer the option March 3rd they wanted Mitchell for a vacant belt then it became Molina and a few other guys. HBO approved Molina

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                You're most likely right that Rios will KO Molina; however, there's no way he lands a superfight. There are only two fighters in the US that are capable of making superfights, that's Mayweather and Pacquiao; and Maybe Cotto (against the right opponent).

Comment

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
                  well the whole reason 135 was being talked about again was for Gamboa and Gamboa only so when it became apparent Gamboa was no longer the option March 3rd they wanted Mitchell for a vacant belt then it became Molina and a few other guys. HBO approved Molina
                  interesting. not sure if molina would take rios at 137 for no belt, has that been offered to them? if not, is team rios looking at fighting a lightweight at 137 or a light welterweight at 137? i think they should just fight at 140, but stay more towards 136-138 just in case the gamboa fight happens later on.

Comment

[QUOTE=Carlos Alberto;11665030]You're most likely right that Rios will KO Molina; however, there's no way he lands a superfight.QUOTE] Gamboa is the superfight.

Comment

Working...
                    X