Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How far do you study boxing in terms of years...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The first ten years I was addicted to boxing I spent alot time digging into the entire history of it. Before boxrec many of us relied on the old Ring Magazine(before it changed in the 80's) and ring record book.
    Lately I still watch old fights but use most all my time watching new fights from all over the world and that keeps me too busy.

Comment

i started watching boxing when i was like 14, i fell in love with the sport and would study old fights on a daily basis. after a few years i got into the current era, but i still kept watching old fights. at 17 i started boxing myself at which point i would study fights for personal benefit, and really felt the need to watch all eras of boxing. the greatest fighters were before their time, and to know where the sport is going u need to understand how it evolved to get to this point. there are so many things to learn before u can even begin to comprehend the sweet science. i watch fights on a daily basis, right before or right after i go to the gym. im about to turn 20.

Comment

Originally posted by Natedatpkid View Post
        Hell yeah, I think being blazed is the best time to watch a fight. It's mad chill, but not only that it gets more intense too. I get more focused when I'm high so I notice more especially since everything slows down haha.

also when you get a funny ass trainer like Ruiz's Norman stoney stone it's a ****in riot!
        i agree with u 100%

if only i could watch all my fights blazed...**** is ****ing intense when u watch it blazed

Comment

I admittedly don't know much about boxing pre 80's....I know about the main boxers of course and have seen some of the great fights of the past but I could not tell you much about the prospects and the rivalries. I think boxing is great and try to follow as much as I can but am no expert by any means. I do feel that boxers of the past had more heart and pride than they do now as money has become the focus of the sport and not pride and legacy. Boxing lives on and it gives me something to look forward to for sure.......who wants to collect coins or stamps for a hobby anyways, lol

Comment

Working...
          X