Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Rise of Atheism in America (INFOGRAFIC)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheJoker View Post
    Based on what evidence? There is nothing to suggest that religion keeps people sane...

Nothing against a belief in any God(s), to each their own but that statement has absolutely no validity. Can you provide a peer reviewed and majority consensus study that backs up that claim?
    in many societies religion maintains social order,for example India. Religion there keeps people in a moral box,(caste system)....

Do you want me to provide you with articles on the caste system and the history of religion?

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid Dope View Post
      in many societies religion maintains social order,for example India. Religion there keeps people in a moral box,(caste system)....
      That's a bad thing however.

Seeing as how the Caste system in India has led to the World's premier level of corruption and division of wealth moreso than any other Country.

That's an example of how Orthodox Religion damages mankind.

IMO

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Originally posted by texanballer View Post
        Why dont Atheists let people with religion have their fun? If they feel its fake then so be it, dont ruin it for other people
        As long as there is reason there is always going to be an argument...

Comment

Immoral....There are always going to be the people that use religion the wrong way... But the basic principles of religion keep people in a moral box, religion keeps people sane...

More like keeping the sheep in the pen..........

Comment

Do you want me to provide you with articles on the caste system and the history of religion?
            The Thuggee Murders are a 2 million body count of sacrifices to Kali. This displays a sane practice and they were kept in a moral box? As I said before, there are sick people of all beliefs.

The practice was only ended by British Imperialism.

Interesting side note, Thuggee is where the term "Thug" originated, the Brits took it from the Indian word. Class adjourned.

Comment

61 percent of all college professors are Atheist or Agnostic. I read somewhere that is leading to the rise in Atheism/ Agnosticism for 18-24 year olds.
              This was a claim made by convicted fraudster Kent Hovind. As such it is easily dismissed as the deranged rantings of a diseased mind.

Why is the heavily-tattooed, addict-looking bartender labeled as the atheist... In real life, I think it's more of the opposite. Many times, the heavily tattooed people are really the religious ones, or believe in god and crap
              Maybe it's the atheist barmaid from the Jesus and Mo comic.

blah, blah, blah...........denounce it if you want as whatever you want but it is a sign of the times. Uncontrolled population growth, reversal of roles (whether gender or family leadership, i.e; moms are head of households telling the men what to do), increased procurement of nuclear weapons by countries, decrease in the Christian faith leaning towards the notion that man is the decider of the future, increased diseases amongst animals and man alike (akin to the notion that all meats will become cancerous), the increasing notion that peace in the middle east is not only needed but should be facilitated eminently, chaotic weather patterns and the further disparity between the rich and the poor.

Just a fulfillment of what has been put in scripture......truth!!
              Increased diseases? Really? So the Black Death, the Great Plague of London, the Spanish Influenza of 1918, Cholera, Smallpox and of course Syphilis are what, a case of the sniffles?

Disparity between rich and poor? A few hundred years ago "poor" meant "serfdom" and the wealthy litereally were seen to own everybody. Even as recently as the First World War the poor multitudes suffered privation as even working long hours they were unable to afford to eat properly and were beholden to baronesque landlords. Nowadays even the poorest in the West can afford to live in a level of luxury that would have seemed opulant compared to the lot of a 14th century nobleman! In fact if anything you could point to disparity between the poor and the poor as the West's poverty line is multiple degrees better than the poverty lines in the Third World.

Peace in the Middle East? The Romans tried to pacify that region over 2000 years ago! It has always been in turmoil and there has always been seen a need to pacify it. This is nothing new!

Now if you could kindly tell me where the bible refers to Nuclear proliferation I would be mightily impressed.

This sort of millinerianism demands two things: First of all you have to deny historical events. Secondly you have to make **** up.

Religion keeps people morally sound.... Religion is good for humanity
              Non religious people make up about 16% of the population of the United States. They make up less than 2% of the population of US prisons.

Comment

Its all by design. People who believe in nothing have no moral and ethical compass and are easier to lead astray. Justifications of evil become easier and more academic and no behavior can be considered "bad" because "god is dead"...

Nietszche set a trap for you all.

I'm not religious, but I think people having a faith, spirituality and a healthy "fear of god" whatever your "god" may be is a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by VictoriaBeckham View Post
                  Nietszche set a trap for you all.
                  How in the **** does Friedrich Nietzsche factor into this discussion?

You dillhole.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Originally posted by RunW/Knives View Post
                    How in the **** does Friedrich Nietzsche factor into this discussion?

You dillhole.
                    The atheist movement really became en vogue after his "god is dead" declaration.

Comment

Originally posted by VictoriaBeckham View Post
                      The atheist movement really became en vogue after his "god is dead" declaration.
                      Actually the Atheist movement became "En Vogue"

When people realized how Orthodox Religion was a front for nothing but exploitation and oppression of the poor.

Comment

Working...
                      X