No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: John Murray Gets Reality Check, Eager To Fight Again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: John Murray Gets Reality Check, Eager To Fight Again

JOHN MURRAY is hoping to get the go-ahead to resume boxing after admitting he has had “a big fall from grace”.

A year ago, Murray was top-of-the bill at Madison Square Garden – but recently he has been working as a labourer.

His 13-hour day routine helping to tarmac roads is a far cry from his challenge to WBA lightweight champ Brandon Rios last December.

He is believed to have earned around £75,000 for that fight in New York where he lost a closely-fought encounter in the 11th round.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Murray is wack and he might aswel retire

Comment

Murray is a very limited domestic level fighter, i've never stood back and said '' WOW'' at anything he has done in the ring.

Comment

just because he aint world champion doesnt mean he has to quit boxing.he has done more in a boxing ring than you 2 idiots put together.

Comment

Originally posted by trigtrogs View Post
          just because he aint world champion doesnt mean he has to quit boxing.he has done more in a boxing ring than you 2 idiots put together.
          Where did i exactly say John needs to retire or disrespected him or his life/well being in a personally manner? I said he is a limited fighter at world level which is true and he would get schooled by most of the guys if not all in the top 10.

I am not allowed to have a opinion on a fighter who lives in the same country as me am I? and whose career i have followed since day 1, so shut up you brown nosing idiot.

John is still looking for that career defining win where we can sit back and say ''WOW'' because he was matched very well early in his career and had a padded record of nobodies intill he fought Mitchell and a weight drained Rios .
          Last edited by chocolate; 12-29-2012, 11:42 AM.

Comment

for someone who is very limited with a padded record they have done not to bad british & european champ and box in america for a world title.

Comment

Originally posted by trigtrogs View Post
              for someone who is very limited with a padded record they have done not to bad british & european champ and box in america for a world title.
              Who did he exactly fight to win them british and european belts? Absoloute nobodies, Lee meager? Andriy Kudryavtsev? Who the **** are they? They have not been seen since, apart from Kevin Mitchell and a badly weight drained Brandon Rios he has 31 no namers on his record.

John Murray got the Brandon Rios fight because Kevin Mitchell was banned by the police from going into america, he was a step in replacement for Mitchell.
              Last edited by chocolate; 12-29-2012, 12:19 PM.

Comment

i feel sorry for john but i do wonder if the injury is boxing related.i heard an interview he done with kuggen cassius for ifilm london and he didnt sound right,he sort of had a distinct mumble of the voice on some words which has to be worrying if your only 27!

Comment

Murray's a good domestic lightweight who'd serve well as a test for our better prospects coming through. I'd consider him better than domestic, European at his peak. Our lightweight scene is strong too so there are plenty of good fights that can be made, he should get himself back in the mix.

The only reason people are calling him whack or asking for his retirement is because either they bought into the hype or they're just ****s. No shame in being a domestic/European level fighter, especially in such a hot division.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                    Murray's a good domestic lightweight who'd serve well as a test for our better prospects coming through. I'd consider him better than domestic, European at his peak. Our lightweight scene is strong too so there are plenty of good fights that can be made, he should get himself back in the mix.

The only reason people are calling him whack or asking for his retirement is because either they bought into the hype or they're just ****s. No shame in being a domestic/European level fighter, especially in such a hot division.
                    Or we can have a opinion? Freedom of speech. Just because we stated are opinion does not mean we are a ''idiot'' or '' ****'' and some other nonsense.
                    Last edited by chocolate; 12-29-2012, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X