No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Povetkin, Rahman Go Face To Face at Presser

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Povetkin, Rahman Go Face To Face at Presser

Two very different attitudes on display in Hamburg, Germany. While Alexander Povetkin, WBA Heavyweight-World-Champion, was happy to talk to the press and presented himself in a positive manner, his mandatory Hasim Rahman drew attention by being quite moody at their first press conference leading up to their fight on September 29 in Hamburg. Maybe the reason for the behaviour of the former world champion was the long and exhausting journey from the Staates. According to himself, he was just upset about him not being illustrated on the promotional posters for the event. [Click Here To Read More]

Hard to believe the "Rock" is still at it! He's well, well past it but if gives Povetkin a breather and Rock another payday. Rahman amazingly hasn't beaten anyone in the top 10, well, since he knocked out Lennox Lewis 11 years ago. He must have excellent connections to get this fight. Wonder what his purse is?

Comment

what's happening with Rahman Jr?

Last I heard he got high and crashed his gmc into some family man and killed him. Jr definitely has the goods to be world champ, he's a refined Hasim Sr.

Old Rahman needs to retire. Woulda been good to see him KO someone in the cage but the MMgAy fighters like kimbo ran away..

Comment

Smh at this fight.......

Comment

Poosy ass Povetkin, Huck would've whooped his ass in a rematch.

Comment

it's hard to tell but rahman doesn't look to be fat & out of shape. he looks in ok condition but i'd like to see his weight. he's never been ripped but if he comes prepared & in shape it could be a better fight then most here think. i'm calling for rahman to knock povetkin out if he's in decent shape. povetkin & his team are overlooking rahman & last time sasha did that he should have lost to huck. i had it huck 116-112. i'm going to laugh so hard if rahman wins because he will either rematch wladimir klitschko being his mandatory or david haye could be in the cards in england. rahman stands to make millions of dollars if he wins this fight. he has nothing to lose!!!!
            Last edited by joe strong; 08-16-2012, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuavale View Post
              Hard to believe the "Rock" is still at it! He's well, well past it but if gives Povetkin a breather and Rock another payday. Rahman amazingly hasn't beaten anyone in the top 10, well, since he knocked out Lennox Lewis 11 years ago. He must have excellent connections to get this fight. Wonder what his purse is?
              he's the mandatory & will get 25% of the purse. i bet its at least a million. he got 250000 to step aside vs boswell & i'm sure similar coin to step aside for the huck fight.

Comment

Looks like Has-Been is still sporting a belly. Great.

Disgraceful fight, anyway.

Comment

Did the presser have walker access or did Rahman have to be carried on-stage?

Comment

**** rahman looks old

my favorite picture was this one though....

Comment

Working...
                    X