Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Don King: Canelo is Ready For Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Don King: Canelo is Ready For Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Flamboyant Promoter Don King is predicting that Saul "Canelo" Alvarez (40-0-1, 30KOs), is capable as well as willing to fight the best pound for pound - Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Almost mistaken for an early start to the hurricane season in Cancun, Don King - a force of nature in his own right, breezed into the World Boxing Council's Convention's afternoon session in the Grand Oasis Hotel, Cancun, but sat quietly throughout the session listening intently. [Click Here To Read More]

Guerrero is the safer fight

Comment

I sure hope so. We need a changing of the guard bout bad.

Comment

I would not mind seeing Canelo/Floyd. About as much as I wanted to see JCC Jr./Sergio. But the event would be huge, and that would be entertaining in itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Imatroll View Post
          Guerrero is the safer fight
          no doubt, Floyd is safer at welterweight than 154. but he has a JMW belt he has to defend so at the moment he's fukt!!

Comment

This is a big step up for Canelo. Why not put him in there with a Trout, Molina, or Angulo before he steps up. Would be a better build up.

Comment

King is old enough remember see Kid Pambele who was regarded as the best welterweight in his time, while a 17 yr old Wilfredo Benitez was given NO chance to beat him. Benitez became the youngest Champion in history after giving the giant a boxing lesson. I'm not saying that Canelo has all the skills Wilfredo had, but He has his own story to tell.
              Give him the chance and we will find out.

Comment

did he just say canelo is considered the best?

best at what exactly? fighting non '54 pounders?!?!?!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by TerrisJ3 View Post
                  no doubt, Floyd is safer at welterweight than 154. but he has a JMW belt he has to defend so at the moment he's fukt!!
                  he's fukt? i think your brain is. canelo has never been in the ring with a fighter like mayweather. because there is none.canelo is not ready for the **** floyd does in the ring

Comment

What the hell has Canelo done exactly to make people think he will be able to beat Mayweather??
                    Ridiculous

Comment

Working...
                    X