Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fighters you picked to be great, and you were wrong...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fighters you picked to be great, and you were wrong...

Post fighters you thought would be great but just came up short to your expectations.

Hopefully this did not happen only ti me, my latest big mistake was

Jorge Linares (I seeing he was getting hit too much, but I probably hoped that he had a really hard chin, just because I had not seen anyone *great* coming up in while I really wanted someone to be great)

My first one, (when I was a kid), was probably

Donald Curry

ricardo mayorga and jermaine taylor...

Comment

Audley Harrison, I wouldn't say I picked him but definately thought he would go further after the olympics.

Comment

Im never wrong!

Comment

I never thought he would be a great but I always thought David Lemieux would be successful and possibly very successful.

Despite that, I am still a fan and will always be a fan.

Comment

Too many to mention.....

Mike Dokes
            Don Curry
            Ray Mancini
            Yory Boy Campas
            Errol Christie
            Herol Graham

Comment

I thought Mark Breland was the second coming of Ray Robinson.

Comment

I think Scott Quigg is the UK's next great fighter..... Even after that scare last week. Maybe its a sign im wrong about him though.

I thought Fernando Vargas and Joan Guzman were gonna be Greats.

El Feroz was a high profile big name fighter who beat Winky and Quartey, took on Mosley twice, Oscar and Tito among others but i thought he would have had a better record vs the best and lasted longer in the game. Weight making, a bad back and Felix Trinidad ruined him

Guzman is the biggest waste of talent i have ever seen, id have had him favourite over guys like Pacman and Valero at one point, he looked special and could have been the MAN in various weight divisions along with being a PPV and P4P star. Instead the lazy bastard lets his weight go, doesnt lock down any big fights of note and fails to capitalise on his ability. Disgusting

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud View Post
                  I never thought he would be a great but I always thought David Lemieux would be successful and possibly very successful.

Despite that, I am still a fan and will always be a fan.
                  He's been a massive disappointment i thought he was DYNAMITE and he had the world at his feet, big let down. I still like him though, gotta love a puncher!

Comment

I really thought Tim Austin was going to be a p4p atg.

Comment

Working...
                    X