Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Name a fighter from any era 160-175 that you will favor over Andre Ward.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

andrade ...........

Comment

@ 160 ward is a pup, that prime hagler would walk down...@ 168 i think jones would just simply outclass him with that unorthodox style, and prime hopkins would outbrawl him on the old school tip, although hopkins could run into trouble with ward's athleticism...i think ward could beat toney they way jones did @ 168 though, but without the flash and showmanship...

Comment

Hopkins, toney , an Jones beat him. IDK how people can even question Hopkins winning. People forget the beast he was in his prime. Then seeing what he did later at LHW combined with his height tells u he would've had no problems at all at SMW

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
          Hopkins, toney , an Jones beat him. IDK how people can even question Hopkins winning. People forget the beast he was in his prime. Then seeing what he did later at LHW combined with his height tells u he would've had no problems at all at SMW
          ...because at every point in his career, hopkins losses came to athletic guys who could box well...

Comment

Because SMW has had only a short run, theres only really been one absolute legend in its ranks, a certain Mr R Jones, and he would beat Ward and any other SMW. Other guys might test him but cant see how they can beat him - Calzaghe (weaker skillset all round), Toney (mindset weaknesses), McCallum(poor defensively) for instance. If SMW had been going since 1880 then you would easily throw more names in the hat that would beat Andre.

At 175 its too early to tell, Ward hasnt fought at that weight yet, but its a rich division and there should be several candidates that would beat him, it stands to logic.

At 160 there are several who should beat him, the division is full of legends. But Ward would give them a hell of a battle, even Hagler.
            Last edited by DreamFighter; 11-27-2012, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Spinks 175
              Toney 160
              Dawson 175

I could definitely see both Hopkins and Ward giving Hagler trouble.

People will call me crazy for saying Dawson, but remember that 1st and 2nd rd., before the weight drain kicked in.
              Last edited by 1sballotHOF; 11-27-2012, 05:02 PM.

Comment

McCallum .

Comment

Roy Jones

James Toney

Joe Calzaghe

Ward would beat Hopkins fairly easily.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                    Apart from Jones...

For me prime Hopkins would beat him, but I may be proved wrong on this over time.

I think Ward beats Calzaghe in a close UD, his footwork, and technique is the difference in this fight.

He beats Toney for me, 7-8 times out of 10. Toney on a real special night could beat him, but he was such an enigma with the inconsistency, and weight issues, that you have to favour Ward.

I personally think Ward beats a Monzon head to head.

Haggler...hmmm not sure maybe Marvin walks him down, I actually think this is a bad style match up for Hagler.

Charles at 175 IMO beats Ward.
                    i'm a toney guy but i favor ward in that one. i think it really comes down to how much ward tries to fight him on the inside. ward seems like a pretty smart guy inside of the ring so i don't think he'd fight that sort of fight with toney. that's the only scenario i could see where toney wins. if he boxes from the outside and makes toney come to him, toney would need to land a "lucky" punch most likely.

i would possibly favor michael moorer at 175, slightly

Comment

Jones, Hopkins, calzaghe, toney, young evander, mclellan, Benn, Eubank, spinks, Leonard, hagler, Charles etc

Comment

Working...
                      X