Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People are under estimating the hell out of Wilder. Double Standards.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People are under estimating the hell out of Wilder. Double Standards.

Guy started in 2007, he's 25-0 with 25Ko's. He's only 27 years old.

He's 6'7, a athletic freak and with a monster right hand. He also seem to be getting bigger and bigger. He will probably peak at around 245 in a year.

He fought bums for his first 25 fights. Ok. Fair deal. Let's look at some other fighters.

Saul Canelo's first 20 fights were still against bin men.
    Gennady Goloevkin just stepped up at age 30 against a Kerry Hope victim. Kubrat Puluv at 31 don't even have 18 fights yet.

David Price at 14 fights just had his best win over a 40 year old Harrison.

Vitali Klithscko's 21st fight was against wait for it
    Ricardo Kennedy

Wladimir Klithsck's 21st fight was against wait for it..
    Carlos Monroe

Wilder is 27 and although that might mean he's way behind in terms of progression during the 90's, for this current era 27 is very young.

Lennox Lewis would not have fought a Ruddock or Mason caliber opponentas early as he did if he started out in 2010 instead of 1990.

In this era, everyone progresses significantly slower. Wilder needs to step up. But at age 27 with the kind of potential he have, he should not be overlooked.

Pretty much but 27 has always been pretty young for a heavy especially when you consider his best attributes power and range are not thing that are quick to fade.

Still he is a prospect and even though I think he is a quality prospect chances do favor him not making it, and people love to talk smack and be right.

Comment

Not really, he hasn't fought anyone of note and has a padded record, this is indisputable. There is no reason whatsoever to think he could be something in boxing until he gives anyone a reason with a win over a solid opponent so here you go TS

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
        Not really, he hasn't fought anyone of note and has a padded record, this is indisputable. There is no reason whatsoever to think he could be something in boxing until he gives anyone a reason with a win over a solid opponent so here you go TS
        Sure there is he has long range and power, in the heavyweight division those are the attributes you want to have in a prospect, it is like having a Rolex with platinum and diamonds.

Him proving it changes nothing about him, it is just an unknown it is just a matter of people realizing it and accepting it~ but who knows if he make to the highest level or not.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
          Sure there is he has long range and power, in the heavyweight division those are the attributes you want to have in a prospect, it is like having a Rolex with platinum and diamonds.

Him proving it changes nothing about him, it is just an unknown it is just a matter of people realizing it and accepting it~ but who knows if he make to the highest level or not.
          Tye Fields?

Comment

Well it is easy to look good against fat ass middleweights who ate their way to heavyweight and hadn't fought in 2 years

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
              Tye Fields?
              I have watched both guys throw punches, there is no comparison between them. Field was also in his mid thirties when he was getting his push not 27~

So why do you think Tye Fields got pushed, he had those attributes so he was worth taking a flier on he didn't pan out like most prospects~

Comment

For every Wlad there are 100 dudes who have the similar physical attributes, the thing is you can't get that 1 unless you start with those attributes, no matter how many fail.

So if I am looking at heavyweight prospects I am starting with range and power because I can spot those things easy, then it is a matter of time whether they fail or succeed~

Comment

They're not underestimating Wilder; the guy's simply getting too much attention for little to no achievement. If anything, he should be stepping-up in opposition now. The division is weak, so instead of padding out his resume with bums, it could be full of ranked fighters.

If he's that good, he'd have no problem cleaning up everyone outside of the Klitschkos, Haye, Povetkin. He should be fighting live opponents or, at the very least, gatekeepers by now.

Comment

I don't think he gets much attention. Prob because of hid resume. Seth Mitchell is getting much more attention. Hopefully all this bum fighting is just temporary and won't continue his whole career like Calzaghe. That was Frank Warrens MO. I hope Wilders promoter is only doing it for now.

Comment

Working...
                    X