Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vitor Belfort begs Dana White to allow him to face James Toney in a BOXING match

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
    Toney has turned himself into a circus act for the UFC to make money now that hes completely shot.
    how sad.
    so what! he made more $$$$ then anyone including couture on the ufc fight...

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
      so what! he made more $$$$ then anyone including couture on the ufc fight...
      Why should I care how much money hes getting? Hes making himself into a joke and pretending for the UFC that he is still good in boxing, when in reality hes lower than a journeyman.

Im not OK with him purposefully making a mockery of the sport, simply because hes totally shot and wants easy high paychecks where he doesnt even try to win, if thats what youre getting at.

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
        No, by your logic, 10 rounds is fair.. since boxing does 12 for title fights.
        More like 8 to me. Again, it's my opinion.

Originally posted by Born2Live View Post

5 rounds are for championship fights, neither Randy or Toney are current UFC Heavyweight champions which the fight was done at, so the fight had to be 3 rounds.

Asking for a 6 round boxing match just shows UFC fighters conditioning.
        Boxers box in 4 - 6 rounds as well. Does that mean their conditioning isn't all that either??

Comment

This is like pros vs joes...

Comment

damn, with that kind of chin and boxing skillls worse than a juan urango, toney puts him out in one!

Comment

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
              Why should I care how much money hes getting? Hes making himself into a joke and pretending for the UFC that he is still good in boxing, when in reality hes lower than a journeyman.

Im not OK with him purposefully making a mockery of the sport, simply because hes totally shot and wants easy high paychecks where he doesnt even try to win, if thats what youre getting at.
              Id tell Dan white and the UFC fans Im the HW world champion if hed let me get beat up for half a mil. I cant knock Toneys hustle.

Comment

Originally posted by AKATheMack View Post
                Id tell Dan white and the UFC fans Im the HW world champion if hed let me get beat up for half a mil. I cant knock Toneys hustle.
                Doesnt mean I should respect him for his choice.
                no one should. hes just being selfish.

would I do it if I were in his shoes? possibly, but probably not, because I would already have plenty of cash from my actual boxing career.

Comment

the Brazilian fighters in MMA are the best and they got BALLS, the US fighters in MMA are GARBAGE and have absolutely no skills when it comes to standing and fighting and none of them would step into a boxing ring with a Boxer

you could do a Card with:

Belfort vs Toney
                  Silva vs Roy Jones
                  Last edited by KnockUTheFukOut; 09-05-2010, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Trust me as a Toney fan, he is done. Well cooked.

Comment

lmao at 6 rounds.

It's 10 rounds for a non-title fight, buddy. They are the amount of rounds that Toney fights.

3 rounds is the amount of rounds Couture fights in a non-title fight and that's what Toney signed up for.

If you want a half fight, you might aswell go fight Shaq instead.

Comment

Working...
                      X