Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you think Froch would do if he rematched his last 3 opponents?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you think Froch would do if he rematched his last 3 opponents?

Put froch in there again with Pascal, Taylor and Dirrell.

Put the fights in neutral terrotiory with neutral judges - so neither fighter can benefit from home-town judging, in any form or to any degree.

How do you think Froch does?

They were all close fights and, personally, I believe Froch did have luck on his side to get the 'W' in them, nevermind all three in a row.

I don't honestly think Froch has the ability or skills to adapt his game to beat any of the three next time round, whereas conversely I think Pascal, Taylor and Dirrell will be able to bring enough 2nd time around to beat Froch.

Dirrell would probably be more eager to engage, something he had great success with in roudns 10, 11 and 12 of their first meeting. If he'd kept that style going and took the fight to Froch earlier I think he would take a comfortable points win, or maybe even a KO a bit further down the stretch.

Pascal would probably take a more levelled approach - using his agility and speed to win rounds, and would probably be more reluctant to tear it up on the inside (he held his own in the first fight but that was the kind of fight froch wanted). I'd say with a good gameplan Pascal could take a comfortable points win, probably through dropping Froch once or twice.

Taylor i see as the least likely of the three to walk away with a win through rematch, but his performance in the Abraham fight made me thing he still has enough left to make a competitive fight with Froch. Not a close one, but i think i'd favour Taylor 2nd time around.

I enjoy watching froch fight - he comes in shape and he comes to win, but I can't help but feel his career has benefitted from a great deal of luck.

Thoughts?

Taylor loses much worse, Dirrell wins an easy decision or late stoppage, and I'm not familiar enough with Pascal.

Comment

Taylor would get knocked out even earlier. Pascal would probably be the same result because he likes to mix it up, which is Froch's fight. Dirrell has the best chance to beat Froch, he arguably did it the first time but if he fought with more conviction, he'd win.

Comment

hed be 0-3 or 1-2 depending on if taylor has something left

dirrell needs more experience, and experienced dirrell makes froch look like a journeyman

pascal would win a decision and beat him up

Comment

I think Pascal would beat him TKO on the 8 or later round.

Comment

Dirrell would have a good chance of beating him, again. Pascal, maybe. Taylor, not likely.

Comment

pascal will get drawn into a war with froch again and froch will come out on top again , dirrell will easily outpoint froch (hopefully he doesnt clinch so much this time) , taylor could very well be beat worse by froch or he could pace himself and win on points.
              Froch goes either 2-1 or 1-2

Comment

Originally posted by Geze
                I think Pascal would win by TKO in the later rounds.
                What gives you that impression?

Comment

dirrel would beat him,pascal and froch would be close and taylor,well it depends on what he has left?right now i think he would get kod but if he beat froach easily it wouldnt suprize me at all

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                    What gives you that impression?
                    Second time around .........He will not mix it up and will wait to land a clean shot.

Comment

Working...
                    X