No announcement yet.

Dwyer's advice: bet on Tony Thompson to beat Wladimir Klitschko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paulf View Post
    Eh, maybe here and there but he's nowhere near as bad as, but he he tries to be unbiased, at least. He started getting a huge amount of attention around here for picking Pirog over Jacobs, but then again he was telling people for ages Solis was going to destroy Vitali Klitschko.

I'm surprised he's picking Thompson. Really surprised. Unless he's been in camp with Tony and just sees him killing it, I don't see how you could pick him.
    Well his Solis pick over Vitali has some weight... like Solis.
    If he could stay focused and in shape, who knows where that fight could have gone..... then he took an invisible arrow to the knee

Comment

Dwyer is kinda like teddy atlas, get 19 of 20 guess wrong but only wants to be counted on what he gets right

His advice has more to do with the type of odds in place instead of just str8 picking who he thinks will win

As a 22-1 favorite, you can make a fortune off a Vlad loss

Comment

dwyers on bath salts

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          Dwyer is kinda like teddy atlas, get 19 of 20 guess wrong but only wants to be counted on what he gets right

His advice has more to do with the type of odds in place instead of just str8 picking who he thinks will win

Speaking of odds, I know some people who made bank off of the Nadal loss at 57:1

Comment

It's not a bad bet. I dunno why ppl think it is tho. That doesn't mean he thinks Thompson will win. U just stand to gain more and lose less on a bet like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post

That is a funny way to go about it, isn't it? I mean who cares how good the odds are if you're going to lose?

Comment

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
                That is a funny way to go about it, isn't it? I mean who cares how good the odds are if you're going to lose?
                I mean there is always a chance to win but it's so small, why make the bet

This is usually why the house almost always wins. I am at +400% in my betting career cuz I bet very rarely and only on things I'm almost certain about. Only bet I've ever lost was I bet on canelo not stopping Ryan Rhodes but the red called the fight off with like a min left in the 12th. I was about to hunt that ref down ciz I lost big there

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                  Speaking of odds, I know some people who made bank off of the Nadal loss at 57:1
                  Who would ever put money against nadal in the second round?

Comment

Originally posted by Wizeguy
                    I spoke with a German boxing scribe who was in Thompson's camp. This is what he said:

We (a german boxing trainer and I) stay in the Thompson-Camp in the Headbangers Gym on the End of April. For special movements (excuse my poor english) to beat WK he was off balance. My friend return on the end off May to Washington D.C. to teach Tony the right moves. But the training with Tony was very unlucky. To many sparring sessions Tony did not come. On pads he trains only with the other Co-Trainer Pratice (Boogie) Harris.

Headcoach Barry Hunter was also unhappy, because Tony did not take the training very serious. Hunter told to my friend, the german boxing-trainer, that Tony has to begin with normal boxing training and not work any longer with his fitness-Trainer. But it does not work, and Barry said, that he is not the nurse of Tony...

We think Tony has other problems: We heard, that Tony was about $700.000 US-Dollar in debt by his former manager.

So I think Tony go only for the pay-check to Switzerland. Sad, but it is what it is - so my friend did not work with Tony any longer...
                    Don't know how much weight I'll hold with this since you just made your account within a week

Comment

Originally posted by Wizeguy
                      What's that got to do with anything? Like other anonymous people here with accounts are more believable?

I'm just giving you what the guy said. Give it whatever weight you like. But he was in Thompson's camp because Tony was arguing with him on Facebook.
                      If Phantom5 made a thread disputing what you just said, yea... I'd go with him.
                      So yes, if there isn't a link, I'd hold what people said they heard from word of mouth differently.

Comment

Working...
                      X