Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bob Arum gives up a gamboa update and talks golden boy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great questions for a change. I think Todd will be running things fully over there really soon. I also believe Todd is Bob's son in law.

Comment

I thought Gamboa was retired and no longer wanted to fight.

Comment

Don't want to derail this into a Pacquiao/Floyd thread but Todd is on good terms with Floyd too. I think the sooner he takes over the higher chance the fight we all want to see happens before both fighters enter their late 30s.

Comment

Im sure Top Rank would love to have Gamboa back but if Floyd or whoever opened up his eyes and he realized he was getting screwed no way in hell he goes back to them. Someone try to find and see if they got an interview with Todd talking about Gamboa.

Comment

Originally posted by odogg8121 View Post
            Great questions for a change. I think Todd will be running things fully over there really soon. I also believe Todd is Bob's son in law.
            Is it? Idk why I thought that was his step son lol. Not even joking.

Comment

Originally posted by billygoathurler View Post

Lots of info in this interview, Arum says Todd duboef spoke to Gamboa a few weeks ago, though nothing was really sorted out. He also says on camera top rank and golden boy will make fights together thru todd duboef.

I wonder though how long Bob is going to promote, he is up there in age right? like 83 or 84? I think once he retires fully, alot of the bs going on now will go away
              The only thing Arum said in that interview that I believe is that is when he said " I only like to work with people I like".

Comment

he looks done....

Comment

I always remember you because of your little girl avatar...my question to you is..what happens if paquiao kos bradley..what would you say then..when people here is wrong they just brush it off like nothing happened,but when they are right u never hear the end of it!!

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                    Is it? Idk why I thought that was his step son lol. Not even joking.
                    He is his stepson.

Comment

Originally posted by HBGBoxingFan View Post
                      He is his stepson.
                      Oh... I was right then. He's not Arum's son in law.

Comment

Working...
                      X