No announcement yet.

Fighters you couldnt imagine being in a streetfight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
    I dont think he would be a natural "Fighter" like say a Tyson or a Liston but at that size and with that amount of strength and power i sure wouldnt wanna try my chances with him!
    I agree,he doesnt have that 'animal' about him like Tyson and Liston,but if he hit you,its goodnight vienna,and i think it would be a few days before you came back around! same could be said for any top heavyweight in fairness

Comment

A Mere Con because he would act all gangsta then at the slightest hint of danger he would start running.

Comment

Greg Page and Tony Tucker, too nice of guys for that stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by kendom View Post
          Here's an idea for a potentially interesting thread, a lot of boxers come from the streets, however name the fighters you would least expect to see in a streetfight.

I'll get the ball rolling with Alexis Arguello and Joe Louis, too much professionalism and class.
          Joe Louis is a good pick, he would refuse a streetfight, Luckily for the other guy, Joe would have cleaned up the streets if he had the inclination. There have been many fighters from th 90's on who would have been far less successful in streetfights, I think all the Mr/ Slicks who cruised their way to many points victories wouldnt make good streetfighters, nothing like a KO artist when it comes to the street.

Comment

Even a trained boxer would have to be crazy to get into a street fight. I mean, in the ring you have a mouthpiece, hand wraps and gloves and none of that on the street. One punch connects and a guy could break his hand or lose a tooth. Plus you have one minutes breaks after a 3 minute round.

Someone was telling me some quote from Ali where he was asked when he was active if someone challenged him on the street, what would he do and he said he's run, probably because of the reasons I just mentioned. I think Ali said because anyone that wants to fight on the streets has to be crazy and he wouldn't want to mess with that or something. Is this true or someone's shoddy memory relaying an untrue story to me?

Comment

I couldn't imagine Hector Camacho or Amir Khan in a streetfight, not because they are nice guys, just because they are far from rugged.

Comment

Working...
              X