Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fellow comic geeks: Who wins a battle between these two?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chups View Post
    He's been cherry picked to only fight Genius humans or supervillians with Super strengths. He never gets matched up with superheroes/villains with magical abilities, actually one time he did when he went to Amethyst's world......he got jacked there.

Dr. Strange >> Superman.
    false.

just to name two right off the top of the head.

Black Adam

and Captain Marvel at times

Comment

Originally posted by Haglerwins View Post
      false.

just to name two right off the top of the head.

Black Adam

and Captain Marvel at times
      You can't really count Marvel though. Hero vs. Hero they never go all out. And the best example of that I could think of wsa Kingdom Come, which I thought was way overrated. Beautiful art, but kinda hard to follow. And Alex Ross' art has no motion at all. It's really photorealistic and impressive, but with no movement. That's important in a comic. Not that that has anything to do with anything.

As far as Black Adam goes...I can't really recall any of their fights. What were the outcomes?

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
        You can't really count Marvel though. Hero vs. Hero they never go all out. And the best example of that I could think of wsa Kingdom Come, which I thought was way overrated. Beautiful art, but kinda hard to follow. And Alex Ross' art has no motion at all. It's really photorealistic and impressive, but with no movement. That's important in a comic. Not that that has anything to do with anything.

As far as Black Adam goes...I can't really recall any of their fights. What were the outcomes?
        Read dudes quote. He said hero and villain, that's why I included Marvel.

of course Superman wins.

what kind of question is that?

Magic does give him problems though.

It took him and Marvel to take down Adam before.

Comment

Originally posted by Chups View Post
          To me Superman is a basic Super Hero. Super strength is present to all superheroes. Flying is also present in most superheroes. His only real power/weapon is his laser eyes, while other newer SH have multiple superweapons.
          Other than flying, superhuman strength, and being able to survive extreme cold and heat, fire, nuclear explosions.

He has super speed, almost as fast as Flash. He's also bulletproof, has x-ray vision, heat vision, superhuman hearing, super breath, invulnerability.

Superman beats them all, no fantasy fight can change that.

Comment

I'm not knocking the guys picking Supes. But I just feel Surfer just brings too many skills to this fight, and really has no weakness.

"The Silver Surfer wields "the power cosmic", absorbing and manipulating the universe's ambient cosmic energies. He can augment his strength to incalculable levels, and is almost totally indestructible. He can navigate space, hyperspace and dimensional barriers, and can fly at near-limitless speeds on his board, entering hyperspace when he exceeds light speed. He has even proven capable of time travel on occasion. The Surfer does not require food, drink, air or sleep, sustained entirely by converting matter into energy. He is immune to temperature extremes and most radiation, and can survive in vacuum environments such as outer space and hyperspace. He can analyze and manipulate matter and energy, and restructure or animate matter at will, even transmuting elements. He can heal living beings (though he cannot raise the dead), and has proven capable of revitalizing or evolving organic life on a planet wide scale. He can alter the size of himself or of other matter, cast illusions, fire energy blasts, form and manipulate energy constructs, manipulate gravity, absorb and discharge most forms of energy, and phase through solid matter. His senses enable him to detect objects and energies light years away, and to perceive matter and energy in subatomic detail; he can even see through time, and with concentration can achieve limited perception of past and future events in his general vicinity. The Surfer has demonstrated limited telepathic ability on occasion, and has proven able to influence human emotion and sensation. More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/universe/Silver_Surfer#ixzz1kVAwQm4C"
            Last edited by Sweet Pea 50; 01-25-2012, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post

vs

Heard they were making a Deadliest Warrior show for comic book characters. Anyone hear about this too?

Comment

Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post
                Heard they were making a Deadliest Warrior show for comic book characters. Anyone hear about this too?
                That would be pretty dope, actually. I'd definitely check that out.

Comment

Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post
                  I hope they don't make that. I don't get enough sunlight as it is.

Comment

All out fight, SS and rather easily. Access to power cosmic to boost all his stats higher than anything Supes can do, ability to literally absorb Supe's power away from him. Sorry but Superman doesn't really have anything on SS except maybe strength (before he taps into PC)

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
                      I hope they don't make that. I don't get enough sunlight as it is.
                      I saw a pic where they were drag racing Adam West's Batmobile against Keaton's Batmobile.

Should be some interesting matchups

Comment

Working...
                      X