No announcement yet.

Pac on Piers Morgan now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
    No, he needs to take an English language course. If you're going to be interviewed constantly by the likes of CNN and 60 minutes, it'd be a good idea to be able to say more than 3 pre-programmed phrases.

"I'm just doing my job"

"I want to make fans happy and a lot of boxing in the ring"

"I want to help people"

If someone asks a question that can't be answered by those 3, he just gives a lot of 'ahhhhs' or just doesn't answer. You would think that Top Rank would get him a private language tutor, but his English has been limited to those phrases for like 5 years now. Even Marquez seems to be a better communicator in English than him now, JMM put in the work to learn the language and he's not 1/100th the celebrity Manny is in the U.S.
    Pacquaio didnt understand the questions. He doesnt have anyone in his entourage preparing him for interviews correctly. That interview was painful to watch and at times I laughed out loud. His politics is a joke. I love Pacquiao as fighter , but not as a politician. Why is Arum campaigning for Pacquiao? I'm sure he has some sort of cut.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
      No, he needs to take an English language course. If you're going to be interviewed constantly by the likes of CNN and 60 minutes, it'd be a good idea to be able to say more than 3 pre-programmed phrases.

"I'm just doing my job"

"I want to make fans happy and a lot of boxing in the ring"

"I want to help people"

If someone asks a question that can't be answered by those 3, he just gives a lot of 'ahhhhs' or just doesn't answer. You would think that Top Rank would get him a private language tutor, but his English has been limited to those phrases for like 5 years now. Even Marquez seems to be a better communicator in English than him now, JMM put in the work to learn the language and he's not 1/100th the celebrity Manny is in the U.S.
      you should watch manny's interviews with jimmy kimmel.

i don't agree with mr kimmel's politics, but i like how he could formulate questions that allow manny to actually shine, in spite of his limited english.

Comment

Originally posted by AFighter4U View Post
        you should watch manny's interviews with jimmy kimmel.

i don't agree with mr kimmel's politics, but i like how he could formulate questions that allow manny to actually shine, in spite of his limited english.
        Jimmy Kimmel can be a jerk in interviews, but he likes Pacquiao. Kimmel helps Pacquiao with the answers. Piers Morgan questions were straight forward. Pacquiao is relying on his boxing popularity to advance his political career. His intelligence is in the ring not in academics.

Comment

Originally posted by sunnydee View Post
          Jimmy Kimmel can be a jerk in interviews, but he likes Pacquiao. Kimmel helps Pacquiao with the answers. Piers Morgan questions were straight forward. Pacquiao is relying on his boxing popularity to advance his political career. His intelligence is in the ring not in academics.
          i agree with you there. its painful for me to watch him failing to answer those questions adequately.

Comment

maybe you'll find this more interesting...Manny Pacquiao vs Juan Manuel Marquez l & ll are being streamed on here...veetle pluggin required...

http://veetle.com/index.php/channel/view#4d31422bd033c

Comment

Are people only just realising Piers is a **** interviewer?

He's one of the rudest and most irritating people on planet earth. So glad you Americans have to put up with him now...

Comment

Originally posted by sunnydee View Post
                If Pacquiao answers in his own language (visayan) he will be giving more meaningful and heartfelt replies ....

English just dont translate that well specially if you have a Jerk interviewer....

Comment

When you see him in 24/7 responding or speaking in his natural language he's not full of uhhhs, ahhhhs,, uhmmmmmmms. What does that tell you? He's not fluent in the language and it's not computing properly. I am annoyed with him not getting a translator so he doesn't sound like an idiot but he's trying because he needs to try to reach the american public somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by Forza View Post
                    Terrible interview, not pacs fault though. I don't like that piers guy at all
                    Originally posted by Cloud View Post
                    Are people only just realising Piers is a **** interviewer?

He's one of the rudest and most irritating people on planet earth. So glad you Americans have to put up with him now...
                    yeah he's an utter coont, I resent the fact he's on primetime tv in the US for that very reason

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
                      He's going to spar with Piers
                      I hope Pac knocks him out.

Comment

Working...
                      X