No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Donaire on Nishioka, Rigondeaux, Mares, 9/22 Workout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Donaire on Nishioka, Rigondeaux, Mares, 9/22 Workout

Just ask unified junior featherweight titlist Nonito Donaire, who has secured a fight at the Home Depot Center in Carson, Calif., with the recognized top 122-pounder in the division, Toshiaki Nishioka—but is remarkably still being panned by some who feel he should be pursuing matchups with fellow beltholders Guillermo Rigondeaux and Abner Mares.

“Critics will always be critics. That’s why they’re called critics,” Donaire told CSN Bay Area in a recent video interview. “With me, everyone has their own opinion. I have my own opinion, and the guy that I’ve been looking for in this division is Nishioka from the beginning, unless Rigondeaux or Mares prove themselves worthy of it. If that’s the case, I’m always willing to fight them.” [Click Here To Read More]

what has rigondeaux to prove ? he is two times olimpic gold medalist and the wba interim and regular champ . didnt you fight matebula ?

mares is the wbc champion and was the 118 super six champ? donaire you are always coming with an excuse , always.

Comment

could it be you saw rigondeaux beating marroquin , and taking to hooks that are powerful than yours , he got 15 tkos , you have 0 at 122 , and you for sure know there is no way of beating him ? neither boxing nor by a tko ?fight my man and see who is the best 122 in the world. nishioka is great , but he is already 36 and has not fought in a year ....rigo has called you , whats your answer ? excuses.....

Comment

Quack! quack!

Comment

huh? undisputed? if he doesnt fight rigondeaux or mares he is not undisputed, dont try to sell us that bs. I refuse to be disrespected b that bullshyt. talking about mares and rigondeaux proving themselves lmao, same guy that looks nothing but over hyped ever since jumping to 122

Comment

I can't wait for Donaire/Nishi! Gonna be a war. Donaire needs to stop downplaying Rigo and Mares. I loved Nonito, but it really undermines the fans when he does that because Rigo and Mares are both great, popular, fun fighters to watch.

Comment

if donaire wants to be undisputed he will need to beat nishioka and then rigo..nishioka is the true wbc champ and rigo is the wba champ, so beating both guys makes him undisputed imo. mares has a paper belt because he won it against an old eric morel who wasn't ranked in the top ten best sbw and had no business fighting for a world title...it's the same as pac's 8th world title and canelo's jr middleweight belt..they're all paper belts. nishioka is the true wbc champ and #1 guy in the division.

Comment

rigondeaux defeat all 122 fighter in the world

Comment

Originally posted by Cubanborn87 View Post
                  huh? undisputed? if he doesnt fight rigondeaux or mares he is not undisputed, dont try to sell us that bs. I refuse to be disrespected b that bullshyt. talking about mares and rigondeaux proving themselves lmao, same guy that looks nothing but over hyped ever since jumping to 122
                  Arum knows he can't make any money from a Rigo & Nonito fight right now. Rigo needs a couple of more showcase fights better yet a fight on HBO after dark against somebody like Joseph Abgreko, that would be a war.

Comment

I can understand where he's coming from saying Rigo needs to prove himself but Mares? GTFO Donaire.

Unlike you he's been fighting tough challenger after challenger. You meanwhile struggle vs some malnourished African dude who hadn't proved **** himself.

Donaire... What a joke. He's getting up there with Canelo and Chavez. Well, Chavez already lost.

Comment

Working...
                    X