No announcement yet.

****!!! I think Jermaine can take out Andre Ward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by South318 View Post
    What fighter are you referring to...Ward?

I said the JT fighting in Memphis because he received alot of hometown decisions there.
    Yeah, i was talking about Ward. My memory isn't what it used to be, and i can't remember many of JT's older fights when he was in his prime. Didn't realize he got gift decisions there. We had a kind of boxing "blackout' in the northeast on time-warner cable during 2000-2008 when they went digital. Hbo and showtime stopped showing a lot of fights. I was pissed, i missed so many. Now they are finally starting to show some of them during the week.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyson2k7 View Post
      I think JT still has what it takes to take out Ward and win a world title.
      I think so too. This is a great opponent to guage his skills against. Not a tremendous puncher. This should be an excellent fight.

Comment

I think it will be the hardest fight of Ward's career. As for the outcome, I think Ward would probably retain his title, but I think Jermain would finish the fight on his feet.

Comment

Originally posted by jazluvr449 View Post
          Yeah, i was talking about Ward. My memory isn't what it used to be, and i can't remember many of JT's older fights when he was in his prime. Didn't realize he got gift decisions there. We had a kind of boxing "blackout' in the northeast on time-warner cable during 2000-2008 when they went digital. Hbo and showtime stopped showing a lot of fights. I was pissed, i missed so many. Now they are finally starting to show some of them during the week.
          Oh ok. I think Ward is going to the finals but I don't know who's going to win the tournament because I think the scoring system is poor. I think Dirrell will give AA problems but I don't know who will win.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyson2k7 View Post
            I think JT still has what it takes to take out Ward and win a world title.
            Not sure, he already has stamina issues and Wards holding will probably take a toll on JT. JT needs to time Ward diving in. Uppercuts galore and just get rough back with him. JT can do it he has nothing to lose and everything to prove he needs to fight like it. Ward has no power so thats a good thing for JT.

Comment

I watched Ward beat Miranda with "no power", and Miranda broke AA's jaw! And there was very little holding by Ward in that fight.

Ward also recieved a good headbutt early in the fight and he recovered quickly from that. How about a bet if you're so confident in Ward having no power, Crazylegs?
              Last edited by jazluvr; 12-14-2009, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jazluvr449 View Post
                I watched Ward beat Miranda with "no power", and Miranda broke AA's jaw! And there was very little holding by Ward in that fight.

Ward also recieved a good headbutt early in the fight and he recovered quickly from that. How about a bet if you're so confident in Ward having no power, Crazylegs?
                There was tons of holding in the Miranda fight. And Im not so sure Id bet on the JT fight because we are talking about JT here, he just got KTFOd 2 times in a row, so even though Ward has very little power JT might not be able to take much abuse at this point in his career.To make matters worse I expect Ward to use his usual tactics unless the ref warns him/deducts points, if I was in Taylors corner Id be all over the ref before the fight. Hatton no longer gets away with it why should Ward?

Ill think about the bet.

Comment

Would be a nice story wouldn't it, War J.T!

Comment

nah... i can't see JT beating anyone legit at this point...

its for his best, just hang em up JT

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X