Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Berto - Guerrero outcome be different with Kenny Bayless refereeing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
    A better ref would have DQed Berto for his egregious hitting behind the head.
    berto probably would have lost a point for holding like he did in his fight with collazo

berto corner was screaming at him to stop holding last night

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      It's hard to deny that the ref did a terrible job.
      You were the one who said there was no way Guerrero could hurt or drop Berto. Want to revisit that statement and admit Guerrero surprised you.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
        the ref gave guerrero a significant advantage in the fight for sure but its not the reason he won. he won bcuz hes better at positioning himself on the inside, has a higher workrate and a better chin. still there is no denying the ref did a terrible job.
        can you please explain how the ref helped Guerrero?? you guys need to stop listening to the HBO dumb****s. Berto was initiating 90 % of the clinches and hitting Guerrero at the back of the head a billion times. If anybody should have been warned or disqualified, it would have been Berto.

Comment

My ten year old baseball team better not complain about a ref so I wont accept it from a 29 year old fighter. Berto underestimated Guerrero and didnt prepare for a dog fight. Damn Rob told him what time it was before the fight. If Bayless was the ref he would have deducted more points from both of them and the score would have been a mess. Berto fought just as dirty even though he didnt deal the first blow.
          If Berto wants next level treatment he needs to watch Cotto, Mayweather, Pacquiao, Marquez and now Guerrero. These are guys that never concern themselves with referees when its fight time. That fight turns out about the same no matter who the third man is.

Comment

Berto is just not that good and Guerrero is not that much better if he is. Berto was held, hit low and butted, but none of it was on purpose. It was a brutal fight. Berto got hit right on the eye, and the other closed from a butt and punches. Guerrero deserves credit for showing a superb chin, and forcing the fight. Both came out looking bad and worse...but both finished the fight.

Comment

Berto has no inside game which is why he's always roughed up on the inside. Those of you who say that Broner applies Floyds shoulder roll are totally mistaken. Berto showed you that you can't apply any defensive style and that it will work. Berto takes good body shots which is why I don't understand why he gets roughed up when he doesn't have to on the inside.

Comment

I think Guerrero would have done just as well with Kenny Bayless refereeing the fight and I agree that Bayless is a great referee.

Comment

Berto wouldn't have won that fight if his mother was the ref. Guerrero outclassed him and beat the **** out of him.

Comment

I love it when Boxer or some fans blame a ref for a fighters losing or contribute to a fighter losing, Berto lost period deal with it.. Stupid fans, Especially a fighter who was caught with drugs in his system.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                      Angry fan? He should of been angry when Berto got caught taking steroids. Since a lot of those guys are the same ones supporting Mayweather in cleaning the sport and accusing Pac of steroids.
                      why do you assume that fan is a fan of mayweather?

Comment

Working...
                      X