Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is boxing popular in your circle of friends...?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No. They're all casual, mainstream only boxing "fans". They'll get the occasional Floyd or Manny PPV fight but outside of that they don't know anything. They couldn't even tell you Nonito Donaire is.

I've had friends tell me that Andre Ward is a nobody because he isn't on PPV. Effing tards. Damn I need some new friends.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Mike D;12900645]No. They're all casual, mainstream only boxing "fans". They'll get the occasional Floyd or Manny PPV fight but outside of that they don't know anything. They couldn't even tell you Nonito Donaire is.

I've had friends tell me that Andre Ward is a nobody because he isn't on PPV. Effing tards. Damn I need some new friends.[/QUOTE]

damn...i can honstly say i now only 2 people who even know who he is...

Comment

• True story. My Mom is a bigger boxing fan than 99% of my friends. I'll make the 4 hour drive to visit her and my dad every couple of months and on the weekends (if they're on) I'll put it on boxing after dark or shobox and watch by myself. And every single time when my mom hears the announcers (or walks by the TV and sees what's on) she stops down everything she is doing and watches until the fight(s) are over. She may not know who is who (besides MP) but she actually makes some damn good observations at times, lol.

Man she was going nuts during the Lopez/Ortiz fight. I've never seen her that hyped for anything.

Comment

• None really. Most of the people I know watch the UFC, they bring that up and I just talk boxing, then they talk about how boxing is dead, then I remind them how much boxers are making compared to UFC fighters and that ends the conversation.

Comment

• alotta my friends know boxing, we all were raised watching it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Killa Killa View Post
              damn...i can honstly say i now only 2 people who even know who he is...
              Yeah that's the thing. I told them I was chilling at the house to watch the fight, and they were like, "what fight". I replied the Andre Ward/Chad Dawson fight, and mentioned how Ward is a top 5 pound for pound fighter by most. They scoffed and said "naaaahhhh that dude is a nobody cuz we never heard of him and he ain't on PPV".

The majority of my friends probably think that the entire boxing universe consists of only two boxers, and I'm assuming that y'all can guess who those two are.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                None really. Most of the people I know watch the UFC, they bring that up and I just talk boxing, then they talk about how boxing is dead, then I remind them how much boxers are making compared to UFC fighters and that ends the conversation.

Comment

• Nope all my friends watch NFL, NBA, MLB. They will watch Boxing 3 or 4 times a year and they are experts of Boxing whenever the big fights come up.

Comment

• Originally posted by TR vs. GB View Post
                    Nope all my friends watch NFL, NBA, MLB. They will watch Boxing 3 or 4 times a year and they are experts of Boxing whenever the big fights come up.
                    pretty much this, they didn't hesistate to speak on marquez-pac IV, yet when the topic of Lopez-Ortiz, Khan-Garcia, Guerrero-Berto, Ward-Dawson etc came up, they had nothing to say

Comment

• Originally posted by TR vs. GB View Post
                      Nope all my friends watch NFL, NBA, MLB. They will watch Boxing 3 or 4 times a year and they are experts of Boxing whenever the big fights come up.
                      Lmao, yep. Gotta love the "expert" who knows all they keys to the fight yet would struggle to name a single fighter outside of Floyd Mayweather & Manny Pacquiao.

Comment

Working...
                      X