No announcement yet.

Prime Tyson vs Current Wlad

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prime Tyson vs Current Wlad

Wladamir right now is in his absoloute prime, and seemingly an immovable object at the head of the division, so it seems a good time to compare him with the greats, I begin with iron Mike

Wlad KO
    10.91%
    Wlad Dec
    9.09%
    Tyson KO
    80.00%
    Tyson UD
    0.00%

I'm not trying to disrespect Wlad, and I don't want to sound like he has no chance. But I can't see how he wins. Maybe if Wlad was so much stronger that he could win an extremely boring fight where he clinches Tyson everytime they are within arms length of each other.

Any other scenario, and Tyson breaks him down at some point.

Comment

I always used to think Mike would take him out and maybe he would, but Wlad is bloody good behind his jab. Him and Steward have formed a really tough team to beat where Wlad uses all his advantages.

Real 50/50 fight IMO. Mike could easily KO Wlad, but Wlad might just be able to keep Mike away in a typical boring 12 round jab fest and win it by a wide margin.

Who knows

edit: just watching those gifs has me cringing at my response....I want to say it's an easy KO for Mike, but im still stuck on the fence picking splinters out of my arse lol

Comment

Originally posted by chav View Post
        I always used to think Mike would take him out and maybe he would, but Wlad is bloody good behind his jab. Him and Steward have formed a really tough team to beat where Wlad uses all his advantages.

Real 50/50 fight IMO. Mike could easily KO Wlad, but Wlad might just be able to keep Mike away in a typical boring 12 round jab fest and win it by a wide margin.

Who knows

edit: just watching those gifs has me cringing at my response....I want to say it's an easy KO for Mike, but im still stuck on the fence picking splinters out of my arse lol
        Gif number 2 in that sequence, followed by Gif number one, is how I predict Wlad vs Tyson going

Comment

Who knows

It isn't crazy to think Wlad would have success. A good jab, his size, his smarts, he would give Tyson plenty of challenge. The problem is that Tyson is pretty much the prototype fighter to break Wlad down and take him out. If you built a fighter in a lab to get past Wlad, prime Tyson would be it.

He is going to get past Wlad's jab and hit him, and eventually take him out. It would be good until then, however long it took.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
            Gif number 2 in that sequence, followed by Gif number one, is how I predict Wlad vs Tyson going
            and the thing is, it could have actually unfolded like that. Mike was so devastating before he got found short, he was a 1 man wrecking machine and that guy is hard to bet against. Fortunately we have foresight to base our decisions on, but im still none the wiser

Comment

and the thing is, it could have actually unfolded like that. Mike was so devastating before he got found short, he was a 1 man wrecking machine and that guy is hard to bet against. Fortunately we have foresight to base our decisions on, but im still none the wiser
              The thing is, if you stand up now and throw a jab, look at the angle you throw it, it's basically ending parallel to your shoulder, now try to angle it down, try angling it to end at an angle parallel to your waist. see how much harder it is, how much power is taken out of it?

Most of todays heavyweights have got no head movement (barring Haye, who wlad found hard to hit with anything noteworthy) and they damn sure dont bend their knees and get down to 4 foot off the floor, while bobbing and weaving, and coming up on you at pace.

I think Wlads one of wlads main asset against the static heavyweights of today (size) would actually be his downfall against Mike, who would come in too low for the jab to be effective, he will then launch himself up with his legs throwing ferocious uppercuts on the inside, where Wlad's sole game plan is the clinch.

Wlad just doesn't match up well in this one imo.

Although he does match up much better with some of the other ATG's, I will be doing a poll a week on this for the top 10 ATG h/w's

Comment

Prime Tyson ko's prime Wlad.

Comment

Prime Tyson gets to him and stops him.

Comment

This has been done far too many times, but to cut along story short - Tysons left hook = goodnight wlad.

Comment

Working...
                    X