No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wright: Dawson Would Dominate Hopkins in a Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Wright: Dawson Would Dominate Hopkins in a Rematch

This past Saturday night was hardly a banner one for the sport of boxing as we were witness to one of the most disappointing finishes to a title fight in recent memory. Fighting inside of the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California, Chad Dawson would seize the WBC light heavyweight crown from Bernard Hopkins but the fight’s finish was hardly conclusive or satisfying.

[Click Here To Read More]

Hopkins did not advise the ref that he couldn't continue

Comment

Originally posted by K-Yo View Post
      Hopkins did not advise the ref that he couldn't continue
      It's irrelevant. He could not continue. Dislocated bones are not the type of injury that you can fight through against strong opponents. Sure Danny Williams did it against a nobody, but in a top level championship fight? People suggesting Hopkins should be able to fight on for 10 rounds with 1 arm are morons.

Compubox shows Dawson being outlanded by Hopkins. Funny way of "dominating"...

See it for what it is. A freak incident, a freak injury. Dawson should just acknowledge the nature of it, say it is unfortunate but he did not intend it (i.e. call a spade a spade) and rematch on HBO (screw PPV).

Comment

i actually thought hopkins won those 2 rounds

Comment

Hopkins is just another one retiring one fight too late.

Comment

Originally posted by charlieg
            It's irrelevant. He could not continue. Dislocated bones are not the type of injury that you can fight through against strong opponents. Sure Danny Williams did it against a nobody, but in a top level championship fight? People suggesting Hopkins should be able to fight on for 10 rounds with 1 arm are morons.
            In that case I'm not one of those morons, was just acknowledging an error in the article, not once did I suggest should have fought on with one arm, you've obviously interpreted my post wrong.

Comment

winky wright is a clown.. i know he feels good chad tackled his way to victory and avenged that beat down he got from b-hop a few years ago..

Comment

Any of you jokers heard of Marcel Cerdan? He hurt his shoulder in the first
                round against Jake Lamotta and fought on for another 9 rounds.
                Did Hopkins even attempt to fight on?

Comment

after years of not hearing from winky...he resurfaces as dawson's cheerleader...hey winky why dont you stfu and get off of chad's johnson.....concentrate on your own career fool

Comment

in my humble opinion...this fight should have been declared a no-contest.....the fight hadn't gone 4 rounds....in other cases when an accidental headbutt...occurs and causes a fighter to be unable to continue.....before the 4th round, the fight is ruled a non-contest....if it was determined that chad didnt commit a foul, and that which occured was incidental...how can you then award a fight to a fighter after only two rounds.......and here we're talking about a championship......seems wrong to me......

now i know the faking thing comes up.......and it calls to mind judah's sorry acting job against khan...and cintron jumping out of the ring against paul williams...hoping to get a no-contest.....

boxing is definitely getting a sour outlook by observers.....why pay $50 for this type of nonsense....

Comment

Working...
                    X