Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you feel about boxing returning to Network TV(NBC)?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you feel about boxing returning to Network TV(NBC)?

Adamek-Cunningham II will be on regular NBC.

and I think that a lot people still don't know that.

So how do you guys feel about Boxing back on Network TV?

Will this open the floodgates for more events on NBC, FOX and so on?
    Last edited by Evil Abed; 10-23-2012, 03:17 PM.

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
    Adamek-Cunningham II will be on regular NBC.

and I think that a lot people still don't know that.

So how do you guys feel about Boxing back on Network TV?

Will this open the floodgates for more events on NBC, FOX and so on?
    best thing that could happen for boxing.

Growing up they had fights on cbs, nbc, abc usually on sat/sun afternoon. Imagine being able to see HOF fighters like Hearns, Leonard, Hagler, Arguello, Pryor, Saad Muhammad, etc etc. for free at 4:00 PM.

nothing like it.

Comment

yeah I didn't know that.

Cool I guess. But people who think this will open the doors will probably be disappointed. All the big names will still want to fight on HBO/Showtime & PPV because it will be more money. Which means NBC will get maybe slightly better than FNF type of matches.

Comment

Will be great if and only if the right fights get put on. We need fights that the average person will watch.
        Guys like Rios,Matthysse,Mares,Santa Cruz,Kirkland,Berto should be headlining cards. What will probably happen is total mismatches and flat out stinkers.

Comment

I don't like it.

The more boxing become mainstream the more you have people saying the top 3 p4p fighters were Muhammad Ali Mike Tyson and RJJ

Comment

not that i will be able to watch it but it is definitely good in my opinion. boxing can become more popular hopefully it will inspire more people to box.

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
              I don't like it.

The more boxing become mainstream the more you have people saying the top 3 p4p fighters were Muhammad Ali Mike Tyson and RJJ
              Expand on that statement...............becuz it doesn't seem to make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
                Expand on that statement...............becuz it doesn't seem to make sense.
                Boxing being on network TV will attract casual fans, casual fans are just that casual, and i think this is a very in depth sport

Comment

It'll be nothing but good for the sport and for us faithful fans.

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
                    Boxing being on network TV will attract casual fans, casual fans are just that casual, and i think this is a very in depth sport

yea...who wants to bring in casual fans...that might actually expand the sport...maybe create an even bigger demand to have more, better fights

its better now that we have a hermit-like existence compared to other sports

Comment

Working...
                    X