Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which fight would be better financially for Pac? Money May or Hatton?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
    how the hell is floyd more money?

you guys are trippin'......

floyd being better doesn't mean he is more money.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Floyd is more popular now than ever before. It's like a great writer who hasn't wrote for a while and when he comes back, the anticipation brings more fans by word of mouth.

Floyd became big after he beat Gatti; and even bigger when he beat Oscar and Hatton. Those three groups alone make Floyd a big name fighter now.

The fight would be big in Vegas and it will sell out. Oscar's biggest numbers, as well as Hatton, were with Floyd Jr. Of course it wasn't all Floyd, since it was Oscar's and Hatton's family most, but Floyd proved to bring that family out in greater portions because he was at the party.

Manny and Hatton would be huge in England...not so sure in the States. Hatton took a big hit when he was KTFO by Floyd in the States. That's why Floyd knows if he were to fight Hatton again; it would have to be in England.

I'm not sure how the numbers work out. Vegas have a smaller venue than Wembley, but Vegas prices are incredibly high to make up for a huge stadium...how high? I don't know what Hatton will charge so we'll see.

The Bigger legacy fight is Floyd Jr.

The Bigger money fight may be Hatton.

I wonder if Floyd Jr. would work with Golden Boy to help promote a fight with Pac....they are better at it and know more people.
    Last edited by Benny Leonard; 12-08-2008, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Hatton v Mayweather sold 1.4 million in the UK, for a fight that started at 4am thats amazing. I think Hatton v Pac could do over 2 million in the UK if its on at a reasonable time.
      Last edited by $partacus; 12-08-2008, 07:06 PM.

Comment

I think the Hatton fight would have to take place first to maximize his earnings. If Pacman knocks out Hatton before Floyd did you will hear all kinds of crazy triangle logic. I think Floyd-Pacman is close to an even money fight at this point (Manny has a large fanbase that will put money on him in any situation and people love to bet against Mayweather).

Talk of a Hatton fight has been on the hook for a good while, while Floyd talk started Sunday so that fight needs more time to get ripe (I also don't know if Floyd would come back and straight away fight Pacman he might want a tuned up). I would like to see either though.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
          I think the Hatton fight would have to take place first to maximize his earnings. If Pacman knocks out Hatton before Floyd did you will hear all kinds of crazy triangle logic. I think Floyd-Pacman is close to an even money fight at this point (Manny has a large fanbase that will put money on him in any situation and people love to bet against Mayweather).

Talk of a Hatton fight has been on the hook for a good while, while Floyd talk started Sunday so that fight needs more time to get ripe (I also don't know if Floyd would come back and straight away fight Pacman he might want a tuned up). I would like to see either though.
          You know the problem with this all is that waiting longer is only better for Pac to upset Floyd. I'm not even sure Floyd should come back now. Given all I said about his new cautious fighting style, mixed with his age, and inactivity level...especially say if it's late next year, which would be 2 years that Floyd would be inactive...not good.

Comment

Hatton easily, the gate will be better and PPV buys (in the UK will be huge) not to mention Hatton will give a much better split that Mayweather ever would IMO

Comment

this thread is ridiculous ... no way he gets more money with floyd ...ppv sales in uk would be un heard of ...hatton is the most popular figter on the planet

Comment

Originally posted by Benny Leonard View Post
                You know the problem with this all is that waiting longer is only better for Pac to upset Floyd. I'm not even sure Floyd should come back now. Given all I said about his new cautious fighting style, mixed with his age, and inactivity level...especially say if it's late next year, which would be 2 years that Floyd would be inactive...not good.
                It all depends on Floyd really. If he wants it and kept in good shape who knows. I have no problem with him staying retired if that is what he wants to do. It would be very contrasting styles, if it is Hatton first Floyd should take some kind of fight to get the ring rust off first. Also boxing is pretty fickle success like Pacman has had is tough to maintain (same goes for Floyd aswell for the reasons you said).
                Last edited by The Gambler1981; 12-08-2008, 07:43 PM.

Comment

the bigger payday goes with hatton.
                  pbf has never been a big draw.

Comment

Mayweather coming out of retirement will be huge. And right now Pac is the Man, so I definetly feel this fight will bring in more loot! Money aside, I can't wait for Manny to meet Hatton, it should be held on July 4th, cause theres gonna be mad fireworks---

Comment

Hatton/Pacman

A fight with a massssssssssive following in the UK if it's at Wembley a possible gate of $25 million dollar plus, plus Brit PPV's) and the Phillipines, and a healty smattering of PPV sales in America.

Wayyyy more money that Floyd brings. The man lets himself down by being a bit of a ****bag.

Comment

Working...
                      X