No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Felix Sturm-Sam Soliman Agreed Upon For February 2

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Felix Sturm-Sam Soliman Agreed Upon For February 2

Veteran boxer Sam Soliman has received a lucrative but risky birthday present which could jeopardise his chances of fighting a fellow Australian for the IBF middleweight title.

The No.1 ranked IBF contender, Soliman has signed to fight former champion Felix Sturm in Germany on February 2.

Soliman's manager David Stanley said the IBF granted champion Daniel Geale an exemption to fight Australian compatriot Anthony Mundine instead of his charge, provided the winner of that bout in Sydney on January 30 makes a mandatory defence by May 2. [Click Here To Read More]

He may not win a bauble dished out by a crooked alphabet group but Sam Soliman will be considered a Champion by me after he retires.

Comment

the venerable sturm facing another vicious challenger.

come break down this wall.

Comment

I get the feeling that this will lead to Geale-Sturm II in Germany, which would be a shame.

Comment

Sturm got this
          woulda preferred an immediate rematch with Geale
          but this is a good fight for Sturm to look strong in
          Soliman will do his part to make it fun to watch

Comment

Really surprized Soliman is giving up his title shot to go to Germany and lose a decision to Sturm. Hope he's being paid well. This sets up Geale-Sturm II in Germany in May, which is too bad because I'd rather see Geale- Golovkin

Comment

It seemed like Geale wanted to achieve as much as possible, but I feel he may just want to earn as much money as possible.

Comment

Soliman has to take this fight, Geale will keep dodging him and Mundine won't be interested in beating him a fourth time at this stage of his career. It's bad enough Mundine has to take Geales belt again just to prove the haters wrong, when he has bigger fish to fry. Expect Mundine to beat Geale easily, Soliman to beat Sturm easily. Those two to move on to bigger and better fights. Geale will fight Garth Wood to see who Australia's third best middleweight is.

Comment

Originally posted by impartial View Post
                  Soliman has to take this fight, Geale will keep dodging him and Mundine won't be interested in beating him a fourth time at this stage of his career. It's bad enough Mundine has to take Geales belt again just to prove the haters wrong, when he has bigger fish to fry. Expect Mundine to beat Geale easily, Soliman to beat Sturm easily. Those two to move on to bigger and better fights. Geale will fight Garth Wood to see who Australia's third best middleweight is.
                  Hard hitting, yet impartial

Comment

Working...
                  X