Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

England's Anthony Joshua got me into boxing. Love the sport now.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• England's Anthony Joshua got me into boxing. Love the sport now.

Hi, this is my first post, I been reading the forums for a few days and I really like all the posters. I'm not gonna lie, I don't know what most of you are talking about, but it's fine learning about boxing from you guys. Thanks.

But I started watching boxing with this Olympics and Anthony Joshua. I only watched because I think he's really cute, hahaha but now I really like the sport and is becoming a huge fan. I have watched so many fights over the last 2 weeks like Hagler-Hearns, Lewis-Tyson, Gatti-Ward, Pacquaio-Cotto and such. Anyways, I really like watching Anthony. I feel like he lost the first fight against the amazing Cuban fighter? Erislandy? That's just my noob opinion. But aftewards he dominated the Chinese Medalist Zhang and even knocked him down in the 2nd round. I was really really impressed with him when he fought the Huge Guy Ivan Dracko. Dracko looked so physically imposing and amazing. He was like 6'10? I think. It's shocking how big and tall and strong he looked. I feel the first round was super close, Dracko won it by 1 point (in my noobie opinion) the 2nd round was really close, but the THIRD ROUND Anthony went crazy and really took it to Dracko.

A couple of questions to boxing pros on this site. 1- Why was the fight not stopped when Dracko was bleeding badly? Anthony's jabs caused the damage? So won't that be risky for Dracko to continue? If this was the pros and Dracko's nose/wound gets worst and worst will the fight be stopped? 2- If Joshua turn pro does his records from his World Am Fights count? He's like 33-3 I think or something crazy like that

GO ANTHONY JOSHUA. Hope he wins the Gold.
    Last edited by TheChinChecker; 08-11-2012, 09:51 PM.

Also can someone nice tell me how to link pictures?

Comment

Wa Gwan. You a male or female?

PM me your Facebook and I add you, and I help you out.

Pictures are hard to add, you need to copy and paste the pic, and add

[img] whatever the right click and copy details are [/img]

Comment

Originally posted by TheChinChecker View Post
        Hi, this is my first post, I been reading the forums for a few days and I really like all the posters. I'm not gonna lie, I don't know what most of you are talking about, but it's fine learning about boxing from you guys. Thanks.

But I started watching boxing with this Olympics and Anthony Joshua. I only watched because I think he's really cute, hahaha but now I really like the sport and is becoming a huge fan. I have watched so many fights over the last 2 weeks like Hagler-Hearns, Lewis-Tyson, Gatti-Ward, Pacquaio-Cotto and such. Anyways, I really like watching Anthony. I feel like he lost the first fight against the amazing Cuban fighter? Erislandy? That's just my noob opinion. But aftewards he dominated the Chinese Medalist Zhang and even knocked him down in the 2nd round. I was really really impressed with him when he fought the Huge Guy Ivan Dracko. Dracko looked so physically imposing and amazing. He was like 6'10? I think. It's shocking how big and tall and strong he looked. I feel the first round was super close, Dracko won it by 1 point (in my noobie opinion) the 2nd round was really close, but the THIRD ROUND Anthony went crazy and really took it to Dracko.

A couple of questions to boxing pros on this site. 1- Why was the fight not stopped when Dracko was bleeding badly? Anthony's jabs caused the damage? So won't that be risky for Dracko to continue? If this was the pros and Dracko's nose/wound gets worst and worst will the fight be stopped? 2- If Joshua turn pro does his records from his World Am Fights count? He's like 33-3 I think or something crazy like that

A nose bleed is nothing in pro boxing

e.g...

His record will be 0-0 in pro boxing as he has 0 pro fights.

Comment

Originally posted by OlympicGlory View Post
          Wa Gwan. You a male or female?

PM me your Facebook and I add you, and I help you out.

Pictures are hard to add, you need to copy and paste the pic, and add

[img] whatever the right click and copy details are [/img]
          Don't do this.

Comment

Thank you so much for answering. Big Help. I didn't know that you can continue with the bleeding like that. I think boxing is a mental sport?

I honestly feel it's like 50% will power or something like that. I watch the big guy Dracko and it felt like he was breaking down mentally in the 3rd round. He was always staggering and on the back foot and Joshua was hitting him with a lot of punches and jabs.

I think that the 2 big reasons for the mental break down from the big guy is because

1- It is in England and all the fans were rooting against him.

and 2- The Nose bleeding, with the blood like that I feel it effected him mentally so Joshua had the big edge.

I want to see them both turn pro, I LOVE HW Boxing, and tall guys like that fighting.

Comment

Who's the greatest Heavyweight?

Mike Tyson?

Comment

Thank you so much for answering. Big Help. I didn't know that you can continue with the bleeding like that. I think boxing is a mental sport?

I honestly feel it's like 50% will power or something like that. I watch the big guy Dracko and it felt like he was breaking down mentally in the 3rd round. He was always staggering and on the back foot and Joshua was hitting him with a lot of punches and jabs.

I think that the 2 big reasons for the mental break down from the big guy is because

1- It is in England and all the fans were rooting against him.

and 2- The Nose bleeding, with the blood like that I feel it effected him mentally so Joshua had the big edge.

I want to see them both turn pro, I LOVE HW Boxing, and tall guys like that fighting.
                Boxing is mostly mental and how they prepared for the fight, blood sweat and tears though in the pro game especially, nose bleeds are a common occurance and nothing major.

Who's the greatest Heavyweight?

Mike Tyson?
                Ali 100%, Tyson isn't even top 10.

Joe Louis #2.

Comment

Originally posted by croz View Post
                  Don't do this.
                  I don't bite haha

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
                    Boxing is mostly mental and how they prepared for the fight, blood sweat and tears though in the pro game especially, nose bleeds are a common occurance and nothing major.

Ali 100%, Tyson isn't even top 10.

Joe Louis #2.
                    AHH KK. I will watch some Joe Louis fights, I think I saw an Ali fight.

Ali vs Foreman in Africa. But it was a while ago. I also noticed a lot of people nowadays like the small guys when it comes to boxing? Anyways I'll go watch some heavyweight fights after i get back tonight to see and learn more about the sport.

I'm also going to watch Oscar De La Hoya vs Felix Trinidad fight next because I just saw a HBO Legendary Nights episode on it and how big it was.
                    Last edited by TheChinChecker; 08-11-2012, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X