Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Orthodox switching to southpaw, good idea?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolutely not! you will become a one handed fighter, your balance will be bad, you will be an even easier target for the right hand due to your left eye being less able to react to righthands coming then the right eye(and vice versa. just look how horrible ODLH looked against southpaws and his right hand was mediokre and he trained since he was 6. Victor ortiz seems to get hit by every right hand his opponents throw at him and his left while having power is below average even when he trained it since he was 7 ).
    Your left hand will be **** due to not using it as frequently like a orthodox.

Okay let me break this down for you.
    This is a matter of nature.
    How do you stand when you throw a ball and throw a pitch?

how do you stand when you play tennis and ping pong?

How do you stand when you are using a bow and kick a soccer ball?

A right handed person stands orthodox naturally in every situation by nature.
    If you want to go against nature go ahead but there is a reason why people have fought orthodox in every fighting culture for thousands of years.
    Your shield in your left hand your sword in your right and you don't lead with your sword into a battle.

Comment

Originally posted by johncods View Post
      I'm a converted southpaw and it's been great so far. You have to be committed tho as it can get a little awkward at 1st. Do a lot of shadow boxing.
      Do you do it to emulate Pac ? right handed should always stand orthodox or if you have been converted in a early age you should avoid it. I have seen so many people going southpaw in my mma gym it is almost laughable. Why would southpaw be any good for a right handed person? either way majority of them seem incapable of throwing a decent cross.
      Basically all I have to do is keep my left hand up and throw my right hand 24/7 ever time they throw anything.
      So sad that people thinking they will have a special advantage and handicapping them self like that.
      Either way I hope you have a good chin, cuz you will be a sitting duck for those right hands.
      Last edited by Mohammedini; 09-15-2011, 03:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ghns1133 View Post
        i dont beleive in southpaws
        you don't believe in southpaws but your picture is marvin hagler?

Comment

Originally posted by dctopboots01 View Post
          you don't believe in southpaws but your picture is marvin hagler?
          :****you:

Comment

I wouldn't do it. The guys who switched end up very flat footed.

Comment

Working...
            X