No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Boente: Five Contenders in The Running For Klitschko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Boente: Five Contenders in The Running For Klitschko

There are five contenders in the running to face WBO/IBO/WBA/IBF heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko (59-3, 50KOs), according to the boxer's manager Bernd Boente.

Earlier this week, Team Klitschko received a very favorable decision from the World Boxing Association, who will allow the boxer to delay an ordered mandatory against Alexander Povetkin. Wladimir will make a voluntary defense on April 6th in Germany. Boente did not reveal any names and the only contender mentioned over the last few weeks is Cuban Olympic gold medal winner Odlanier Solis.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Vitali needs to fight Haye or announce retirement. This is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
      What is even more ridiculous is the fact that this has nothing to do with Vitali, and you still somehow believe that the two brothers are the same person.

Comment

i'll tell u whats even more ridiculous, the fact that both klitschko brothers haven't even been in a competitive fight in years, I've been waiting for the night when someone puts them to the test, im hoping it happens soon and some noise is created at the top level in the heavyweight division

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
          What is even more ridiculous is the fact that this has nothing to do with Vitali, and you still somehow believe that the two brothers are the same person.
          I guess you missed the beginning of the 2nd paragraph that started with Team Klitschko

K2 would rather make press releases on the 5 bums Wlad may fight rather than the one match boxing fans all want to see.

Comment

And I guess you missed the rest of the paragraph in which Wladimir's potential opponents are discussed; who Vitali fights or doesn't fight is a different subject.

I doubt that any of the potential opponents will be Sauerland fighters, such as Pulev or Helenius, so of the realistic options I'd be satisfied with someone like Boystov, Pianeta, or Adamek.

Comment

I guess you missed the beginning of the 2nd paragraph that started with Team Klitschko

K2 would rather make press releases on the 5 bums Wlad may fight rather than the one match boxing fans all want to see.
              And how long have you been a boxing fan? Because you do realize that it is pretty common to refer to a fighter as team. Such as Team Povetkin or Team Pavlik when there is actually only one fighter. I believe if you ever took the time to stop your outright hatred for anything Klit related you may notice it. Because many fighters even embroider team on their ropes or print it on shirts when there is only one of them. And actually I don't believe that Wlad even does that. And it was actually just the author of the article referring to Wlad's team as team. Such as him and his trainers etc.
              Last edited by Ravens Fan; 02-02-2013, 12:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
                And how long have you been a boxing fan? Because you do realize that it is pretty common to refer to a fighter as team. Such as Team Povetkin or Team Pavlik when there is actually only one fighter. I believe if you ever took the time to stop your outright hatred for anything Klit related you may notice it. Because many fighters even embroider team on their ropes or print it on shirts when there is only one of them. And actually I don't believe that Wlad even does that. And it was actually just the author of the article referring to Wlad's team as team. Such as him and his trainers etc.
                The guy is just clueless. And when busted so openly, he's just grasping at straws.

Comment

And meanwhile, this has nothing to do with either Vitali or Haye.

Fail post.

Comment

Originally posted by WladimirK View Post
                    And meanwhile, this has nothing to do with either Vitali or Haye.

Fail post.
                    Other than povetkin who would you like to see Wlad in with next?

Comment

Working...
                    X