No announcement yet.

Vitali Klitschko, "I Knew I was in Control. I did not want to KO him Too fast."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boxing2106 View Post
    i watched the fight with my friend who probably hasnt seen a boxing fight since the tyson days.. and man boy o boy did this fight get him mad or what he was screaming at the tv KNOCK HIM OUT ALREADY !! you dont just go as many rounds as you can you want to look spectacular as possible by getting your opponent out of there asap man this fight changed my tune about vitali and his killer instinct. if anything he looked like a shell of himself but with his size still dominant.
    I agree with you and at the same time I'm not....

It was pleasing to see the 5'10 Tyson KTFO 6'3 guys in 3 rounds... And the fans loved it!
    But if a much bigger guy does it it's automatically labeled as a mismatch. Also he needed to give Adamek's fans some kind of a show given he was fighting in his backyard.

Comment

so Vitali gets a lot of flack for losing due to injury in a fight he dominated against byrd, mostly because of recklessness. And then he gets flack for not being reckless?

It was boring, but i can't really complain. He kept turning it up, and when he saw the obvious opening he finished it.

Comment

Originally posted by ROSTAM View Post
        I spit on the Communist Manifesto daily.

Does that make your blood boil?
        Hardly.....considering I hate Communists pigs with a passion. I'll join you in spitting on that vile tripe.....but I'll still slap you down for nuthugging those two Lurches.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by boxing2106 View Post
          i watched the fight with my friend who probably hasnt seen a boxing fight since the tyson days.. and man boy o boy did this fight get him mad or what he was screaming at the tv KNOCK HIM OUT ALREADY !! you dont just go as many rounds as you can you want to look spectacular as possible by getting your opponent out of there asap man this fight changed my tune about vitali and his killer instinct. if anything he looked like a shell of himself but with his size still dominant.
          He got that mentality in the 9th rd... He was pi$SSed THAT he fell at the end of the 8 th rd & he started pouring it on & got him out of there in the 10th. I think with Vitali there's always a trigger in his head when it's time to take his opponents out if one shot isn't doing it & while it seems to the layman like he could take Adamek out anytime he wanted to esp... when he had him going down in the second & the ropes held him up. He's got a gameplan & Adamek was still fighting back..

You notice he ****ed Briggs up with 3 times more force & also turned it up the same exact way in the 8th or 9 rd but the ref didn't waive the fight off & that beating was ten times worse than this one. I think if he doesn't get you out of there early ala Kirk Johnson.. Hide Or Solis.. he starts turning over his punches & tries to get you out of there in the second half of the fight as you see most of his beatdowns since the bYRD FIGHT have all been in the 8 -10 th rd range.. alot of those Tkos have been absolute massacres.. so much so that people think they should've ended earlier..

part of this is Klitschko pacing himself so his stamina.. doesn't fail.. weary of getting an injury as he could've easily gotten when he was trying for the Ko right there in the 8th & lost his balance & another part is that he enjoys slowly creating the pizza face... & there's always a trigger in him where he's giving the beatdown & his opponent still keeps coming back for more & he waits for that trigger & then starts to really let his hands go.. he has done this numerous times in fights since the Lewis fight..he did it with Danny Williams.. he did it with Sanders.. Gomez.. Areolla.. Sosnowski.. Briggs 7 now Adamek... he does seriously go for the ko.. he just goes for it in the second half of the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
            so Vitali gets a lot of flack for losing due to injury in a fight he dominated against byrd, mostly because of recklessness. And then he gets flack for not being reckless?

It was boring, but i can't really complain. He kept turning it up, and when he saw the obvious opening he finished it.
            Vitali Klitschko of today would be much more patient with Byrd.. he was loading up on every shot.. trying to get him out of there.. He threw his shoulder off swinging hard & missing on some of his shots with the elusive Byrd. He learned his lesson with Kevin Johnson & didn't put full force with his shots because he quickly realized he would be missing alot against defensive minded Johnson.. The Johnson fight is most probably the same exact result he would've gotten against Byrd sans the shoulder injury.

He probably wouldn't have had that severe of a shoulder injury had he taken off steam on some of those shots against Byrd.. He was young.. he was undefeated.. he koed 27 fighters in a row & felt indestructible.. Vitali's power is clearly still intact as you saw what some of the shots were doing to Adamek..

He's still as powerful as ever when he unleashes that right hand & puts his weight behind it.. Those fighters who refused to go down paid a heavy price.. Briggs Areolla.. Peter.. Sanders even KJ all paid the price.. then you got Sosnowski.. Gomez.. Solis & Adamek all going down multiple times.. all depends on how much punishment you intend to take & how much Force Vitali is putting on the shots..

If anything i think he really didn't enjoy ****ing up Briggs & didn't throw with full force towards the end & was relying on the referee.. THE bROTHERS visted him in the hospital & I think Vitali took a liking to Briggs antics to sell the fight & didn't take all his prefight threats seriously.. He HAD bRIGGS IN MUCH more trouble than Adamek was & THAT'S SAYING ALOT AS ADamek was helpless towards the end. & being pummeled...

Comment

Working...
            X