Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vyacheslav Glazkov vs. Malik Scott: who will win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vyacheslav Glazkov vs. Malik Scott: who will win?

Very competitive fight.

Malik Scott (35-0) has the edge in height, reach and pro experience. Both he and Vyacheslav Glazkov (14-0) were top amateurs.

Who takes it?

Although I think it's close to a 50-50 matchup, I'm taking bets on Glazkov. Send PM if you want to bet on Scott.
    Scott by KO/TKO
    0.00%
    Scott by decision
    29.73%
    Glazkov by KO/TKO
    32.43%
    Glazkov by decision
    18.92%
    evenly matched, difficult to predict
    18.92%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by The Hammer; 01-10-2013, 04:50 PM.

Dan Rafael's article from ESPN:

http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/p...t-not-vs-scott

Heavyweight prospect Vyacheslav "Czar" Glazkov (14-0, 10 KOs), a 2008 Olympic bronze medalist from Ukraine, got tremendous exposure in his last fight when he made Tor Hamer quit after four rounds in the opening bout of the return of boxing to NBC on Dec. 22.

Glazkov will look to build on that solid performance when he headlines the Feb. 23 edition of NBC Sports Net’s “Fight Night” series.

The downside, however, is that Glazkov, 28, has been matched with 35-year-old Malik Scott (35-0, 12 KOs), who has a sterling record but has built it against 35 nobodies and put more people to sleep than Ambien. I’ve been hard on Scott through the years. I admit it. I hung the nickname “80-72” on him because so many of his fights -- against overmatched opponents -- went the distance and he won by shutout rather than even remotely try to press the action. It’s a real shame, too, because Scott has the size and the skills but has never shown an ounce of fire in the ring. Even when in total control, he refuses to try to stop his opponent.

After more than a three-year-layoff, Scott returned last February and made a halfway decent fight (by his low standards, anyway) in an -- you guessed it -- 80-72 decision against Kendrick Releford on Showtime Extreme. I tried to give him another chance, but then, two fights later, Scott absolutely stunk the joint out again in a lame eighth-round TKO win against Bowie Tupou (who injured his arm, which caused the end of the fight) in September on the Andre Ward-Chad Dawson undercard. The fight was so bad, the crowd was booing before the first round was over. I watched the whole fight at ringside. I’ll never get that half hour of my life back.

So I feel for Main Events matchmaker Jolene Mizzone. She did not want to make Glazkov-Scott. She tried hard to make a more fan-friendly match. She told me she offered the fight to 11 different heavyweights before having no other choice but to take Scott. Those other guys did not want to face Glazkov or were not happy with the money or both. Heavyweights such as Magomed Abdusalamov, Travis Kauffman, Joe Hanks, David Rodriguez and Franklin Lawrence all turned it down.

So now we’re stuck with Glazkov-Scott. Maybe, for once, Scott will fight with a shred of passion. He doesn’t deserve it, but Scott is going to be on national TV. If he isn’t going to fight with passion then, when will he ever?

Whatever he does, I’m not worried because I refuse to watch the fight live. I’ll DVR it, watch the Showtime card that is on opposite “Fight Night” and then find out the result of Glazkov-Scott before speeding through it. I’ve watched too many terrible Scott fights to be suckered again.

Comment

Is that joke David Rodriguez ever going to step up? Oh & I've got Glazkov in this one.

Nice to see Glazkov stepping up so soon.

Comment

Rafael says 11 heavyweight were offered the fight on national TV and turned it down, including Magomed Abdusalamov, Travis Kauffman, Joe Hanks, David Rodriguez and Franklin Lawrence.

I'm disappointed in Abdusalamov and Lawrence (the other three turning down the fight doesn't surprise me).

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
          Rafael says 11 heavyweight were offered the fight on national TV and turned it down, including Magomed Abdusalamov, Travis Kauffman, Joe Hanks, David Rodriguez and Franklin Lawrence.

I'm disappointed in Abdusalamov and Lawrence (the other three turning down the fight doesn't surprise me).
          Magomed probably knows he doesn't stand a chance.... dude got power, but Glazkov is just better than he is right now. He'll probably take more fights to get better and experience in.

Comment

I had no idea Malik was 35. Where the hell has he been?

Anyway, I've seen Malik fight once before, but that fight was a long time ago (when Bobby Czyz was still commentating). He looked good in that fight, but I think he was fighting a journeyman. I imagine his speed has tapered off a little due to his age. I've only seen Glazkov fight against Hamer, but he looked like a solid fighter.

Comment

The Czar is going to show up to fight. We know that we seen his exchanging bombs with The Gentlemen Boxer.

King has no ambition to be in a fight. He has been a pro for 13 years and fights safety first even against weak opposition. If he was willing to be in a real fight, it would of happened by now. King is going to show up collect a paycheck and go home, that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by HooksInYou View Post
                I had no idea Malik was 35. Where the hell has he been?
                Malik Scott is actually age 32, Rafael had his age wrong in that article.

Comment

I think Glazkov will stop him late

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                    Is that joke David Rodriguez ever going to step up?
                    I'm not sure why Rodriguez won't step up. He can't be making much money because his fights are not televised.

Comment

Working...
                    X