No announcement yet.

New scoring criteria in Boxing should be introduced

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
    I think a lot of people score pro fights like they would do an amateur fight. They don't understand the difference that pitty pat punches even though it is landing is not necessary being EFFECTIVE. In a pro fight you have to land CLEAN EFFECTIVE PUNCHES. Not pitty pat punches.
    wtf was you watching?

dirrell was landing the cleaner more effective punches.. he actually had froch hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by BMWM3P View Post
      The idiots that think Dirrell can beat a champion by holding and running are the real morons here.

But I agree a new criteria in scoring is needed and that's willingness to fight. This is professional boxing and like it or not fights should be entertaining. If you come to a fight pity pat punch someone twice and hold them for two minutes then you should be penalized for that. Boxing is not only a sport it's a business and fighters like Dirrell are bad for business.
      He ran. He held.

He won the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by slicksouthpaw16 View Post
        Why didn't you just aim that directly at me since this is a response to my post? Did i blast you when i disagreed on you picking Trinidad to beat a peak Hearns? All of a sudden, I'm moronic because i favor agression over ineffective boxing.......ok.
        I was not aiming it at you in particular.

Trinidad could beat Hearns though, Hearns always had a questionable chin and Tito is one of the biggest hitters the WW division has ever seen, plus they never fought, Froch and Dirrell have fought and i saw how that fight went and Froch clearly did not win it, that is why most!! people think he lost.

I think you mean you prefer ineffective aggression over a guy who is landing clean punches.
        Last edited by Dynamite Kid; 10-18-2009, 06:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
          New scoring criteria in Boxing should be introduced, because according to the new rules you dont actually!! have to connect with shots (Hopkins v Calzaghe, Froch v Dirrell) to earn a victory you just have to show willing and force the fight so moronic fans that no jack **** about scoring fights can say" yeah but look, he forced the fight"

The people that scored this fight for Froch are straight up morons.
          Anybody seriously claiming Hopkins landed more on Calzaghe than Calzaghe did on him really shouldn't be calling anybody else a 'moron'.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Visitation View Post
            Anybody seriously claiming Hopkins landed more on Calzaghe than Calzaghe did on him really shouldn't be calling anybody else a 'moron'.
            Calzaghe landed punches, yeah right!

Calzaghe landed fresh air and did not deserve to win the fight either.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
              I think a lot of people score pro fights like they would do an amateur fight. They don't understand the difference that pitty pat punches even though it is landing is not necessary being EFFECTIVE. In a pro fight you have to land CLEAN EFFECTIVE PUNCHES. Not pitty pat punches.
              Wrong, punches don't have to be effective at all. You can win fights without causing any damage or your punches having effect. You really just have to touch a scoring area. Most fans don't like it but those are the rules, you can't discount punches because they didn't hurt anyone.

Comment

Working...
              X