No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao is done.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ca$trO View Post
    Most people like you are quick to give cotto credit for not getting "Gatti'd" but fail to give mayweather credit for fighting the best cotto we have seen before he got Margoritoed...

from what I see mayweather fought a great fight and gave the fans what they wanted instead of fighting from the outside which he could have done all night..

I don't know if manny is done but i do know it looks like he has lost something but i think his handlers did him a disservice by allowing him to fight these fighters at a catch weight.

lol. someone help this man with his cross.

Comment

yah without a doubt pac has lost that killer instinct...he isn't the same beast he was back in 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
        Manny just been fighting dudes who can think a bit better than most...thats all!!....if he struggles with somebody like Rios...then he's declining....until I see him struggle with a tailor made opponent I'm not believing that he's done or whatever....eventually he was gonna have to fight some Matadors...can't feed him all Bulls and expect ppl not to get hip
        What he said. He's definitely slowing down but let's not act like he lost his hunger after the Margarito fight. Only an idiot couldn't see that that fight was a mismatch.

Comment

Pacquiao is done but Hatton should come back ?

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
            people were saying he would smash marquez just because it was at 147. but people fail to recognize the fact that marquez is the same size as pacquiao pretty much. same weight also. it was always going to be a close fight just like their last 2.

the people that thought this was at 147 so pacquiao could smash marquez are not the sharpest tool in the box.

somebody like collazo would give pacquiao problems at 147 aswell just because of the size difference. pac is a junior welterweight.
            If manny was a JWW, then he could've fought JMM at 140. Manny wanted the fight above 140 to make it better for himself. Manny was a huge favorite and was expected to dominate JMM becuase the fight was at a weight JMM looked terrible at when he fought floyd. There is no need to make it seem otherwise.

Why you keep saying he's a JWW is beyond me. Manny is small when it suits the agenda and "same size as floyd" when its another agenda. He's been in wars when the poster has one agenda, but he has won every fight in dominant fashion when its another agenda.

Manny is shot and done in one thread at 11:00AM, but at 12:00 noon, when another poster puts up a top p4p thread and someone says manny isn't top 5, well then there is an uproar. It always changes with the wind.

The bottom line is Manny isn't shot or done. He is what he has always been. A very good, very physical fighter with above average power and below average defense. He can KO almost anyone in and around his weight. But he struggles with boxers and movement.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
              If manny was a JWW, then he could've fought JMM at 140. Manny wanted the fight above 140 to make it better for himself. Manny was a huge favorite and was expected to dominate JMM becuase the fight was at a weight JMM looked terrible at when he fought floyd. There is no need to make it seem otherwise.

Why you keep saying he's a JWW is beyond me. Manny is small when it suits the agenda and "same size as floyd" when its another agenda. He's been in wars when the poster has one agenda, but he has won every fight in dominant fashion when its another agenda.

Manny is shot and done in one thread at 11:00AM, but at 12:00 noon, when another poster puts up a top p4p thread and someone says manny isn't top 5, well then there is an uproar. It always changes with the wind.

The bottom line is Manny isn't shot or done. He is what he has always been. A very good, very physical fighter with above average power and below average defense. He can KO almost anyone in and around his weight. But he struggles with boxers and movement.
              this is another misconception. JMM looking terrible at welterweight. he was fighting floyd mayweather!!! who doesnt look terrible?!

pac wated it at 147, doesnt change the fact that his best weight class is 140. he had a 147lb title to defend also.

when have i ever said pacquiao is the same size as mayweather? he clearly isnt.

Comment

Him not being what he was dont mean hes done, he beat Bradley in his last fight so how can he be done, Bradley isnt a nobody?

He cant concentrate fully on boxing now, but he still can beat anyone out there. Floyd and Pac would be a competitive fight which could go many ways.

Comment

I think both Manny and Floyd will be shells of themselves when and if they actually fight.

Sort of like what we saw when Hagler and Leonard fought. It was about 6 years too late and even though it was a decent fight, it was nothing to what could have been.

Manny is domesticated, the religion thing has changed him completely and Floyd is losing his legs.

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
                    this is another misconception. JMM looking terrible at welterweight. he was fighting floyd mayweather!!! who doesnt look terrible?!

pac wated it at 147, doesnt change the fact that his best weight class is 140. he had a 147lb title to defend also.

when have i ever said pacquiao is the same size as mayweather? he clearly isnt.
                    140 may be his best weight class in theory, but in terms of winning and losing its not. If it was then Manny, who according to you is a JWW, would have fought both JMM and Tim at 140. Manny might be better at 140 but tim and JMM were DEFINITELY better at 140. Why would you expect manny to fight the best versions of either JMM or Tim?

Manny is no different than any other star fighter, he uses his economic levereage to get fights at weights he feels he has his best chance to win.

Comment

Originally posted by AntonTheMedium View Post
                      great for another fighter maybe, but not as good as alot of people expected him to look. cotto had his moments when everyone else was saying he was going to get gatti'd.
                      I agree that Pac has lost something and that missing "it" factor was his only chance of beating Mayweather. On Mayweather's end, he's lost the same killer instinct. For instance the fight with Cotto. Cotto was badly hurt in the 12th and Floyd didnt try to finish him off. The difference is that Floyd's style and success isnt base soley on being a " dog wit it" like Manny.

Comment

Working...
                      X