No announcement yet.

Give Me Your Complete Diet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give Me Your Complete Diet

Give me your complete diet BS. Also include what supplements u take.

This should be interesting!

Dude, there's a sticky above where everyone posts their workouts and diet.

Comment

I eat

Chicken
      Beef
      Tuna
      Eggs

Rice
      Yams
      Oatmeal
      Pasta

Supps

Whey Protein
      Fish Oil
      Core ABC

Comment

Make me you prick.

Comment

I don't eat the same thing every day...

I shoot for about 3000 calories a day, with about 115 grams of protein, 85 grams of fat, and 450 grams of carbohydrate. I don't take supplements because I don't see the need for them. 215-220 is my best fighting weight.

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
            I don't eat the same thing every day...

I shoot for about 3000 calories a day, with about 115 grams of protein, 85 grams of fat, and 450 grams of carbohydrate. I don't take supplements because I don't see the need for them. 215-220 is my best fighting weight.
            Seriously doubt you're only consuming 115g of protein at 220lbs. 3000 calories + training in the gym 4-5 times a week is going to put you in a caloric deficit at 220lbs anyway, so the only way you'd be able to maintain muscle mass is by eating a **** ton of protein, x1.5-2 your body weight. I bet you're consuming a lot more protein than you think haha

Edit: In comparison, I eat almost 80g of protein just at breakfast time between eggs, toast, peanut butter, and a protein shake and I only weigh 165lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by kryo View Post
              Seriously doubt you're only consuming 115g of protein at 220lbs. 3000 calories + training in the gym 4-5 times a week is going to put you in a caloric deficit at 220lbs anyway, so the only way you'd be able to maintain muscle mass is by eating a **** ton of protein, x1.5-2 your body weight. I bet you're consuming a lot more protein than you think haha

Edit: In comparison, I eat almost 80g of protein just at breakfast time between eggs, toast, peanut butter, and a protein shake and I only weigh 165lbs.
              I make it a point to eat no more than 125g protein in a day. The whole thing about protein being needed to maintain weight is a myth. Carbohydrate is what matters.

Of course, if I lose muscle weight, I won't complain. I'd have no objection going down to 200.
              Last edited by SBleeder; 07-26-2010, 05:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
                I make it a point to eat no more than 125g protein in a day. The whole thing about protein being needed to maintain weight is a myth. Carbohydrate is what matters.

Of course, if I lose muscle weight, I won't complain. I'd have no objection going down to 200.
                Protein needed to maintain weight is a myth? Wow, wouldn't wanna prove the last 60 years of bodybuilding wrong..

.. oh wait, carbohydrates are used as fuel, which is why high carb diets are only suitable for an athlete needing the fuel to his/her body to the extreme. When carbs aren't burned up, they turn into fat. "Your body uses protein to build and repair tissues. You also use protein to make enzymes, hormones, and other body chemicals. Protein is an important building block of bones, muscles, cartilage, skin, and blood. ... But unlike fat and carbohydrates, the body does not store protein, and therefore has no reservoir to draw on when it needs a new supply."

If you're trying to lose weight effectively, cut carbs out of your diet before you cut protein out. Your body can effectively store carbs to be burned later whereas protein it cannot. Obviously, with boxing you aren't going to flourish on a 50g of carbs a day diet, but if you experiment with it and react to what your body tells you, you can effectively lose weight by cutting carbs while still having the energy to push through tough workouts.

Edit: Once again, I seriously doubt you are eating only 3,000 calories and not losing weight. The (average) caloric maintenance for someone your size (210-220lbs) is around 3,900 calories a day. If you really are only eating 3,000 a day AND going to the gym 4-5 times a week and you STILL aren't losing weight.. somethings wrong. You should be losing weight just on a 3,000 calorie diet alone even without the gym.
                Last edited by kryo; 07-26-2010, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Protein needed to maintain weight is a myth? Wow, wouldn't wanna prove the last 60 years of bodybuilding wrong..
                  Bodybuilding? You mean those steroid-laden ****s?
                  Yeah, those are the guys I want to take nutritional advice from, LOL.
                  .. oh wait, carbohydrates are used as fuel, which is why high carb diets are only suitable for an athlete needing the fuel to his/her body to the extreme. When carbs aren't burned up, they turn into fat. "Your body uses protein to build and repair tissues. You also use protein to make enzymes, hormones, and other body chemicals. Protein is an important building block of bones, muscles, cartilage, skin, and blood. ... But unlike fat and carbohydrates, the body does not store protein, and therefore has no reservoir to draw on when it needs a new supply."

If you're trying to lose weight effectively, cut carbs out of your diet before you cut protein out. Your body can effectively store carbs to be burned later whereas protein it cannot. Obviously, with boxing you aren't going to flourish on a 50g of carbs a day diet, but if you experiment with it and react to what your body tells you, you can effectively lose weight by cutting carbs while still having the energy to push through tough workouts.

Edit: Once again, I seriously doubt you are eating only 3,000 calories and not losing weight. The (average) caloric maintenance for someone your size (210-220lbs) is around 3,900 calories a day. If you really are only eating 3,000 a day AND going to the gym 4-5 times a week and you STILL aren't losing weight.. somethings wrong. You should be losing weight just on a 3,000 calorie diet alone even without the gym.
                  I monitor my calories and nutrients closely, and never exceed 3200 calories. I have a very slow metabolism. I also (almost) never exceed 150-170 grams of protein per day. Stop acting as if you know my diet better than me.

And every time I've needed to drop weight, I've cut protein in half and had no problems losing.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw Great View Post
                    Give me your complete diet BS. Also include what supplements u take.

This should be interesting!
                    -- Breakfast: Coffee w/ a little milk

-- 10:30am: 1hr Workout

-- 12pm: Protein Shake (or Slim-Fast when I'm broke)

-- 3pm: Protein Shake (or Slim-Fast when I'm broke)

-- 7pm: 3 mile run

-- Dinner: Whatever I want, just not like McDonald's or nothing.

Comment

Working...
                    X