No announcement yet.

I still wanna see Cotto vs Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I still wanna see Cotto vs Canelo

I dont care that Cotto lost, it was a bad matchup for him.... i still think canelo vs cotto would be fireworks. It would have a good buildup too. Mexico vs puerta rico, both fighters have huge fan bases and it could kind of be canelo saying out with the old in with the new.

Unfortunately i have a feeling this will be a reason for canelo to take on another soft opponent yet again. He will say theres no point fighting cotto since he lost and will say trout has no fan base. He will probably fight a rusty, slow plodding angulo. I say if its not cotto, trout or lara its a joke then. And i prefer cotto of all 3.

What you guys think?

Naw.

He needs to fight Trout next. I would accept Kirkland or Angulo even. Lara and Vanes have been ordered to rematch, so that leaves them out.

I'd rather see Cotto bounce back with a win over someone like the Smith/Bundrage winner or Kirkland/Angulo, than fight Canelo later in 2013 after picking up a solid win first.

Comment

hell nah, i'm NOT trying to see cotto catch that type of treatment.

Comment

not very competitive fight here is the difference between GB and TR under Arum he gets onelegged Foreman, Mayoraga and Margarito under GB 0-2 against Floyd and Trout.
        Cotto did nothing since the Margarito fight to make you think he can beat Canelo

Cotto will be stepping stone for Canelo

Comment

anyone still wanna see this?

Comment

Cotto looks done to me IMO. He should fight Trout a legit fight against a Top 154lb fighter and prove he deserves the belt that he's been wearing.

Comment

I agree with TS.

Cotto vs Canelo = fireworks, huge crowd, great environment (mex vs pr), and the fact that both fighters are draws, whereas Trout can't draw flies to ****

Comment

I still want to see that fight. I also would like to see Pac-Floyd fight

Comment

Trout earned the fight man..Cotto has lost 2 fights in a row

Comment

Cotto is done. He's way past it and he is a tiny man who should not be in the 154 pound division. He only fights there because he is rich and doesn't want to put in the extra work to get down to 147. Canelo needs to fight a real 154 pounder like Austin Trout, the junior welterweight champion who beat Cotto in MSG.

Comment

Working...
                    X