No announcement yet.

So Taylor-Froch is happening?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sylvestersweet View Post
    He had a draw with Wright that he should have lost, got knocked out by Pavlik then looked sluggish and almost got knocked out again in the rematch, had the most boring fight in the history of the sport against Spinks, beat Lacy who's injured arm hampers entire career and beat Ouma which doesn't say much. His wins against Hopkins were good but they seem so distant now.
    When I said Froch needs someone for his resume in an earlier post, it's because he hasn't fought many great fighters but only because noone has given him a chance. This will be a step towards big things for Froch.
    This has been the most biased post Ive read in this thread so far. Im not going to reopen the Wright discussion, but Taylor got knocked out trading toe to toe with arguably the biggest puncher in the MW division, never ducking him and dropping him in the second. I dont know what fight you were watching the second time he was fighting Pavlik but Taylor was never in danger of being knocked out. He did however look very cautious in the first couple of rounds. Its funny because if you listen to Loew in the final rounds of the fight he was scared they were losing the fight. I was LMAO when I read you thought the Hopkins wins were good, me being a Taylor fan thought out of all those fights youve just mentioned those were his most controversial victories.

During his career Taylor has fought all comers, some of them being the toughest opponents to look good against, while Froch has just been calling out good fighters, mostly fighters everyone knew were never going to fight him (Calzaghe anyone?). Taylor should have the tools to beat him decisively, Froch his leaky defense leaves him open for Taylors snapping left jab, Taylor should have enough experience to neutralize Froch's agression. Had Pascal had more experience Im sure he wouldve been able to as well..

Comment

Originally posted by beerneer View Post
      This has been the most biased post Ive read in this thread so far. Im not going to reopen the Wright discussion, but Taylor got knocked out trading toe to toe with arguably the biggest puncher in the MW division, never ducking him and dropping him in the second. I dont know what fight you were watching the second time he was fighting Pavlik but Taylor was never in danger of being knocked out. He did however look very cautious in the first couple of rounds. Its funny because if you listen to Loew in the final rounds of the fight he was scared they were losing the fight. I was LMAO when I read you thought the Hopkins wins were good, me being a Taylor fan thought out of all those fights youve just mentioned those were his most controversial victories.

During his career Taylor has fought all comers, some of them being the toughest opponents to look good against, while Froch has just been calling out good fighters, mostly fighters everyone knew were never going to fight him (Calzaghe anyone?). Taylor should have the tools to beat him decisively, Froch his leaky defense leaves him open for Taylors snapping left jab, Taylor should have enough experience to neutralize Froch's agression. Had Pascal had more experience Im sure he wouldve been able to as well..
      coming from a guy who has Taylor in his avatar.

Taylor was thinking of taking a fight with Allan Green before stepping in the ring with a titlist Froch. He was given the opportunity to fight Froch a while back, instead he opted to fight one-armed Jeff Lacy. Taylor's got talent, he's top ten material at SMW, but he's mainly just a marketable HBO creation who had a style that was right to beat Hopkins and ever since then he's been losing steam with each passing fight. Froch's resume sucks because the "elite" like Taylor up until this point have been too afraid to fight him.

Comment

Originally posted by sylvestersweet View Post
        coming from a guy who has Taylor in his avatar.

Taylor was thinking of taking a fight with Allan Green before stepping in the ring with a titlist Froch. He was given the opportunity to fight Froch a while back, instead he opted to fight one-armed Jeff Lacy. Taylor's got talent, he's top ten material at SMW, but he's mainly just a marketable HBO creation who had a style that was right to beat Hopkins and ever since then he's been losing steam with each passing fight. Froch's resume sucks because the "elite" like Taylor up until this point have been too afraid to fight him.
        taylor is beating froch i would bet on that.

Comment

Working...
        X