Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grand Theft Auto V (Official Thread)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant wait to explore everything. My life is just gonna stop. It looks huuuuge.
    46" flat screen LED ftw.

Comment

• This a fully paid pre-order for me.

Comment

• cool every GTA game is amazing, got mine pre order n my poster!!!!!

Comment

• 2 new screenshots:

Comment

• graphics look amazing..stunning.

lets fast forward to next spring..skip the holidays, this will be MY holiday gift

Comment

• This looks awesome, its gonna blow GTA4 outta the water.

Comment

• 11/30: New screenshot;

Comment

• I'll pick this up eventually, but not until a significant price drop occurs.

I just don't understand why GTA games are as popular as they are : They're all essentially video game ripoffs of more innovatively done cinematic portrayals of criminal life. To top it off, the whole 'go anywhere, do anything' theme that is a major selling point of the series is patently false.

While the entire map is usually easily accessible, in actuality the amount of places to go or things to do is severely limited : Most of the buildings are inaccessible filler made to give the appearance of scope, half of the accessible ones are simply a new paste job on an already established one (burger joint vs. taco joint), the mission variety has been pretty rehashed since 'Vice City' and usually only consist of the standard "go here, kill him" type, and activities to do while not on a mission usually repeat themselves fairly frequently and typically involve buying clothes, purchasing a house, hitting up a bar to play pool or darts, or participating in street races to pass the time.

Don't get me wrong : They're fun as hell for a while, but usually after about 20 hours they lose my intrest.

While I'm also a fan of similarly limited "go anywhere, do anything" type games - 9 times of of 10 they're RPG games set in a previous (technologically limited) time period, so having limits on what you can do seems productive to that kind of genre. Whereas I expect more from a similarly marketed game that's rooted in a modern society. Much more.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                    I'll pick this up eventually, but not until a significant price drop occurs.

I just don't understand why GTA games are as popular as they are : They're all essentially video game ripoffs of more innovatively done cinematic portrayals of criminal life. To top it off, the whole 'go anywhere, do anything' theme that is a major selling point of the series is patently false.

While the entire map is usually easily accessible, in actuality the amount of places to go or things to do is severely limited : Most of the buildings are inaccessible filler made to give the appearance of scope, half of the accessible ones are simply a new paste job on an already established one (burger joint vs. taco joint), the mission variety has been pretty rehashed since 'Vice City' and usually only consist of the standard "go here, kill him" type, and activities to do while not on a mission usually repeat themselves fairly frequently and typically involve buying clothes, purchasing a house, hitting up a bar to play pool or darts, or participating in street races to pass the time.

Don't get me wrong : They're fun as hell for a while, but usually after about 20 hours they lose my intrest.

While I'm also a fan of similarly limited "go anywhere, do anything" type games - 9 times of of 10 they're RPG games set in a previous (technologically limited) time period, so having limits on what you can do seems productive to that kind of genre. Whereas I expect more from a similarly marketed game that's rooted in a modern society. Much more.
                    It's about the gameplay IMO. It's just fun to run around and explore, drive cars, shoot or blow stuff up, fly, etc. To me it doesnt have to be a side mission.

Im excited for this... Everything sounds great except you cant purchase property. I love that part of it.. Oh well.

Comment

• I mostly do the missions on GTA games, its just a good story, fun to play, its a criminal life movie that u get to play, i have never been dissapointed with GTA games

Damn i feel like playing GTA now, ima go buy one of them old school ones

Which should i buy

San Andreas
                      Vice City
                      GTA 3
                      Last edited by TX_BOXNG; 12-03-2012, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X